By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War 3 has received a 10/10 in reviews by 15 critics

CGI-Quality said:
luisgvm said:
Sorcery said:
I would be surprised of GoWIII won GOTY simply because it's a short game, and most sites give GOTY awards to longer games. The only way a short game ever seems to win GOTY is if there's online multiplayer. It's also a Q1 release, which makes it even more difficult for it to win GOTY.

but wait?. isnt uncharted 2 a short game??. i think is short game. right?

But it has multiplayer & co-op.

ohhhhh i see. but i just say it because from what i remember U2AT was praised mostly for its single player right??. i dont know. in my opinion is not about quantity is about quality.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Sorcery said:
I would be surprised of GoWIII won GOTY simply because it's a short game, and most sites give GOTY awards to longer games. The only way a short game ever seems to win GOTY is if there's online multiplayer. It's also a Q1 release, which makes it even more difficult for it to win GOTY.

Have you forgotten about Bioshock? The game wasn't very long, though it won more GOTY awards in 2007 than any other game.

Bioshock was a solid 20+ hour game, it's not a short game.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

CGI-Quality said:
Sorcery said:
CGI-Quality said:
Sorcery said:

Have you forgotten about Bioshock? The game wasn't very long, though it won more GOTY awards in 2007 than any other game.

Bioshock was a solid 20+ hour game, it's not a short game.

So what? It's still missing what makes other games GOTY in the eyes of some, which is my point.

So what? Well, you were trying to discredit what I said by stating that Bioshock was a short game, which it isn't. That's all there is to it.

I just can't see a game that's 15 hours long (at most) getting GOTY, especially when we'll be bombarded with quite a few AAA games that will be longer later this year. A short game without much replay value is going to be forgotten 9 months from now. When I say forgotten, I mean critics will forget how much fun they had with it at the time of its release.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Im sure GOW3 is an awesome game but I fail to see how it innovates or is perfect to get a 10/10

I doesnt get it

Lyrikalstylez said:

Im sure GOW3 is an awesome game but I fail to see how it innovates or is perfect to get a 10/10

I doesnt get it

you can say that to Mass Effect 2. Hype can make a game get 10/10 of 5/5.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network
disolitude said:
CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:
CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:
I think god of war 3 is too short and shallow of an experience to win GOTY.

Since its all over within 10 hours with no sandbox to play in and no multiplayer...

But then again, Mario Gallaxy proves me otherwise.

I'm going to say this one more time: Bioshock was over in less than 10 hours, had no multipayer, and one GOTY in 2007. Having no multiplayer and 10 hours of game play =/= it isn't a contender for GOTY.

OT: It'll probably continue to get full 10's and high 9s. It seems the game has raised the bar for hack & slash action games and will defintely be considered for GOTY.

I guess you could be right but I thought Mario Galaxy took that year. If it was bioshock the im really scratching my head about how that happened...considering Bioshock was quite quickly forgotten while Halo 3 and COD MW dominated the playlists for years after.

Games that came out that year that had a bigger impact - Mario Galaxy, Mass Effect, Halo 3, MW, Uncharted (if only a prequel to the greatness that was to come with part 2)

Bigger impact or not, Bioshock still stole the show.

As did GTA4 but we all know how we feel about it now.

People are eager to hype games, create news headlines and give these awards and then time tells us which are justified.

A bit like Bayonetta ...

Time to Work !

LOL Ps3 and GoW 3 = it only does making fanboys cry.=)

"It dont deserve a 10! only exclusive games on my beloved console deserves a 10! I call my mommy!"

gustave154 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

I doesnt get it

you can say that to Mass Effect 2. Hype can make a game get 10/10 of 5/5.

Exactly.

And game doesn't have to be innovative to recieve full score, maybe it would be worth to read rating descriptions on different sites from time to time.

10/10 can mean various achievements across the board - setting new standarts, flawless experience, even innovation

Uncharted 2 - one of the highest rated games ever wasn't innovative, it was "just" new standart in action adventure genre, flawless presentation and cinematic experience

Mass Effect 2 didn't bring anything new aswell, it's basicaly Mass Effect 1 with worse story, better graphics, better gameplay and cinematic experience, the same, just polished close to perfection

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

I don't think GOW3 stands a chance for GOTY once Zelda:wii comes out.

Just my opinion.

Samus Aran said:

I don't think GOW3 stands a chance for GOTY once Zelda:wii comes out.

Just my opinion.

Which will then be upped by Gran Turismo 5 ;)