By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII 360 PS3 Comparison

FINAL FANTASY XIII -

In an interview in Famitsu, Square Enix said the audio and video in Final Fantasy XIII is compressed onto 3 DVDs in the Xbox 360 version while the PS3 version will be uncompressed and be on one 50Gb Blu-ray Disc.

technical analysis by DigitalFoundry of both versions of the game revealed that the Xbox 360 version runs at 576p, as opposed to the PlayStation 3's native resolution of Both versions can be upscaled to 1080p.

So how does IGN give both verisions of the game the same score????

Around the Network
ohshutyourmouth said:

FINAL FANTASY XIII -

In an interview in Famitsu, Square Enix said the audio and video in Final Fantasy XIII is compressed onto 3 DVDs in the Xbox 360 version while the PS3 version will be uncompressed and be on one 50Gb Blu-ray Disc.

technical analysis by DigitalFoundry of both versions of the game revealed that the Xbox 360 version runs at 576p, as opposed to the PlayStation 3's native resolution of 720p Both versions can be upscaled to 1080p.

So how does IGN give both verisions of the game the same score????

You forgot a word.

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

because its only a slight graphical difference. Not content difference and really no difference in glitch's between both versions. Come on let it die man just play it and have fun.

because these are the same douche bags that didnt give GOW3 a 10. i just think they are biased.

ch1town3ra said:
because these are the same douche bags that didnt give GOW3 a 10. i just think they are biased.

the only biased person here is you for thinking GOW3 deserves a perfect 10.

it just dont.

both FFs look the same, except the PS3 version running at 720p and the 360 version at 576p.

IGN gave the 360 version a 0,5 lower score for graphics, but the overall score was the same.

Around the Network

Good question, I have now seen both versions side by side on my HD tv, and PS3 version looks sooo much better, so good question, but I have found not to take ING very serious, they are very biased, and it really shows.

Kreshnik said:
ch1town3ra said:

the only biased person here is you for thinking GOW3 deserves a perfect 10.

it just dont.

both FFs look the same, except the PS3 version running at 720p and the 360 version at 576p.

IGN gave the 360 version a 0,5 lower score for graphics, but the overall score was the same.

I don't agree with ch1town3ra but have u played GOWIII?the answer is no.So you are no better than him jumping on him saying it doesn't deserve ten.

the right answer is that we don't know if it does deserve a 10 or not .Many magazines believed it did deserve a 10,and many didn't.

I heard that the in-game engine cutscenes are FMVs on 360 and actually rendered in-game on PS3.

@snesboy

G R A P H I C S
The PlayStation 3 is the “clear” winner in this category with a higher native resolution, smoother hair, consistent shadows and vastly superior video quality when compared to the Xbox 360.

P E R F O R M A N C E
While both games performed close and neither had frame tearing, the PlayStation 3 did it all at a higher resolution.

L O A D I N G
Even without a mandatory install, the PlayStation 3 consistently loaded faster than the Xbox 360. Apparently Square didn’t get the memo that Blu-Ray is supposed to be slower.

O U T C O M E
If you have a choice on which system to play Final Fantasy XIII on, you will want to purchase it for the PlayStation 3. While the in-game visuals are close, the differences in the prerendered cinematics are night and day.

Thanks for that Spartan :)