By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - remember the guy who called about dust voiding his ps3?? weell(cough cough)

I have said this on another forum and I will state it here. Did just open his vacuum cleaner bag and dump it over his PS3?

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
Faxanadu said:
it is quite pathetic of a large company to be so cheap. so what if there is a lot of dust on it? deal with it. clean it and send it back. the ps3 should survive a bit of dust. DONT EVER get into a quibble and post pics on the internet, embarrassing your client and loosing your own face. how stupid can sony be to do this?

Are you really serious? That's more then 'a bit' of dust. If I saw that amount of caked dirt and dust on any electronic device in my house I'd be scrubbing at it furiously with a cloth, willing it not to break down on me.

This is a logical response from Sony, people are curious as to what could have caused the breakdown, so they post pictures displaying the level of neglect this customer had for their product, thereby alleviating the worries of other PS3 users and potential buyers.

so you recommend any company to get into a public bitchfest to show everyone how cheap you are? way to go for your PR. Deal with it, repair it, end of story. this has been quite a negative story for sony so far.  

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
Dallinor said:
Faxanadu said:
it is quite pathetic of a large company to be so cheap. so what if there is a lot of dust on it? deal with it. clean it and send it back. the ps3 should survive a bit of dust. DONT EVER get into a quibble and post pics on the internet, embarrassing your client and loosing your own face. how stupid can sony be to do this?

Are you really serious? That's more then 'a bit' of dust. If I saw that amount of caked dirt and dust on any electronic device in my house I'd be scrubbing at it furiously with a cloth, willing it not to break down on me.

This is a logical response from Sony, people are curious as to what could have caused the breakdown, so they post pictures displaying the level of neglect this customer had for their product, thereby alleviating the worries of other PS3 users and potential buyers.

so you recommend any company to get into a public bitchfest to show everyone how cheap you are? way to go for your PR. Deal with it, repair it, end of story. this has been quite a negative story for sony so far.

C.S. doesn't have an obligation to take care of your system for you. It's in your terms of service now if everybody would just READ them they'd know that. The Tech/C.S. department of Sony will take care of ANY mechanical problems that are caused from faulty parts or programing, DUST is not their fault. If you're that neglectful with a system no company should reward you with a fixed/brand new one. Any company that does is going far beyond their call, and most of them don't do it for very long because people like this abuse it.

Faxanadu said:
Dallinor said:
Faxanadu said:

Sony is in the right. The consumer did not follow their product guidelines and when the product failed as a result of not following their guidelines the warranty became void. This is buisness. This makes sense.

If companies could be forced to repair any product that failed free of charge for fear of looking "cheap" or having "bad PR" buisness today would not be sustainable.

I've already explained the reasons why Sony released those pictures, entering into this "public bitchfest" but you don't seem to have followed my way of thinking. It looks to me like a logical move on Sony's part to clear up some bad PR, not to aggravate the situation.

@FAX--agreed they have lost more face then gained--basicaly sony is saying that if you live in a dusty place dont buy a ps3 b/c we wont help you keep it going---*looks at Australia*

Around the Network
Sony is very stupid for not just replacing his console. People are going to hear this story and remember, "Oh yeah, Sony has shitty customer support"
Think about how much time he's spent on the phone with them. He says 5-6 hours. Probably differing levels of management also, so $25-$40 an hour probably per customer support rep.
Sony could have SAVED money by just replacing his console, rather than paying all these customer service people to try to charge him money.

z64dan said:
Sony is very stupid for not just replacing his console. People are going to hear this story and remember, "Oh yeah, Sony has shitty customer support"
Think about how much time he's spent on the phone with them. He says 5-6 hours. Probably differing levels of management also, so $25-$40 an hour probably per customer support rep.
Sony could have SAVED money by just replacing his console, rather than paying all these customer service people to try to charge him money.

They would pay the staff regardless, he didn't really do anything to them but hold them up from helping people who deserved to be helped. If you want to be pissed off at somebody be pissed off at the a$$clown that thinks he can keep crying and get his way, be mad at the parents who never taught him to be responsible, don't be mad at sony. In fact sony is the victim in this situation the victim of retards like this who think they're entitled even though what they really deserve is a few smacks with the stupid stick. I feel this way about Nintendo too, sure it's great that Nintendo goes above and beyond their call and even fixes things when they shouldn't sometimes. I know it's nice but at heart I know there's people who simply don't deserve this. Whenever I hear about beer spilling on a DS and nintendo fixing it for free, I truly wish I could slap the person who thinks they shouldn't have to pay for this service.

The plot thickens...

Fox News Uses Actor As Kid With Dusty Playstation 3

Where are the conspiracy theorists?

Edit: oppsss... already mentioned in another thread.

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova