By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What sports are you PRO in on Wii sports?

TWRoO said:
I was wrong, It wasn't 7 skill points you got for winning every rally in 5 game tennis...it was 3 game tennis. (or the same score for 5 game tennis but losing one rally)

i am back into the game now...every time i play with someone else i end up playing Wii sports for a while even after they might have gone...it's viral.

and so. updated scores;
Tennis - 2334
Baseball - 1108
Bowling - 1167
Golf - 1463
Boxing - 2561 (i'm proud of that one)

tough to keep going up in boxing now, i went up to 2568 but lost 7 in the last match despite knocking out my opponent in round 2 (i think it was because he downed me twice)

.....now i gotta beat your boxing score and play guitar hero online so i can raise my ranking, im too competitive and now i started playing madden online gotta get back into the top 100 again

Around the Network
Bark said:
TWRoO said:
@bark....another impressive basball score, it seems most people just dont 'get' baseball (like me) but some people really excell.

There are only 2 tricks to getting a high score in baseball (If you want to know).

1. After ~2000, you only get points if you get the computer to lose by way of mercy rule in the first inning.

2. When pitching to the best team (Sakura's team), throw slower inside fastballs to get them to foul off 2 strikes and then get them with the splitter. I have yet to get a member of Sakura's team to strike out on a curveball or a screwball.

If you are having trouble hitting, there isn't much I can say other than purposely foul off borderline pitches and let the computer walk you now and then. The more pitches she throws the more tired she gets. The CPU will throw slow fastballs right over the plate after he/she gets tired. The game is at its most fun when you can swing away, but solo homers don't add up as quickly as a 3 run homer or grand slam.

IMHO baseball is the most fun sport to play by yourself. In multiplayer, it is the worst.

i dont know why people say baseball wasnt fun.....it was second best for me, just bowling is better =]

Bark said:
TWRoO said:
@bark....another impressive basball score, it seems most people just dont 'get' baseball (like me) but some people really excell.

There are only 2 tricks to getting a high score in baseball (If you want to know).

1. After ~2000, you only get points if you get the computer to lose by way of mercy rule in the first inning.

2. When pitching to the best team (Sakura's team), throw slower inside fastballs to get them to foul off 2 strikes and then get them with the splitter. I have yet to get a member of Sakura's team to strike out on a curveball or a screwball.

If you are having trouble hitting, there isn't much I can say other than purposely foul off borderline pitches and let the computer walk you now and then. The more pitches she throws the more tired she gets. The CPU will throw slow fastballs right over the plate after he/she gets tired. The game is at its most fun when you can swing away, but solo homers don't add up as quickly as a 3 run homer or grand slam.

IMHO baseball is the most fun sport to play by yourself. In multiplayer, it is the worst.

i dont know why people say baseball wasnt fun.....it was second best for me, just bowling is better =]

tennis, bowling, and baseball. I suck golf.

tennis.
i don't play the boxing game anymore because my gf punched me in the face the last time we played. she gets really into it lol. She is actually reallygood at bowling.

Around the Network

Going pro in all 5 was my New Year's Resolution last year. I got there and stayed there.

I go back and forth with Bowling. If I haven't played in a while, I'll lose pro, and then go on a crazy binge until I get it back.

And on tennis, I'm at 2200 or so, way off the charts and it's hilarious.

I don't play single player boxing or baseball 'cuz there's no point after I went pro really. I golf every once in a while and I'm still doing good and staying pro.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Damn, I should've read the comments. I didn't realize EVERYBODY and their momz was over 2000+ at Tennis.

At original post: they were all easy for me except boxing. That one got me pretty sore and sweaty. It was still fun as hell though.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Pro at all :) Tennis 2000+ too
I found boxing quite easy. I think i'm over 1500 now.
Got a 300 game in bowling a few times too... think i play WiiSports too much...

Achieved Pro status in everything except boxing, I simply could never get into that one. Tennis and Bowling were definately my personal favourites and in tennis I was way over 2000 last time I checked.

Owner of Wii, DS and 360, planning on getting a PS3 when it's cheaper. Supporter of all consoles.

Tennis: 2018
Baseball: 2023
Bowling: 1230
Golf: 1411
Boxing: 2637

Tennis and boxing are my favorites.