By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why is there soo much negativity in any 360 related thread?

The PS3 was the laughing stock of the gaming industry for good reason; Sony wasn't focused on gaming and it showed (because in truth they don't give a damn about gaming). As far as the 360's concerned, Microsoft has done so much wrong, yet did so much more right and compared to Sony, they've done leaps and bounds more for the gaming community inspiring Sony to follow suit this gen. Nintendo has done their share this gen with innovation of tech which has inspired both Microsoft and Nintendo. I was an admittedly blind Sony loyalist last gen, but eventually after taking economy class I realized it's pointless to focus so much on a brand company as they are less about gaming and are more about controlling true gaming companies which make the games. Nintendo is the only true gaming company that makes systems and makes the games from the inside.

Sony fanboys jump on Microsoft like they stole something from the industry, when they are just as relevant, if not more than Sony if you think about it as a whole (and not just their vendetta with Sony). This gen has proven that Microsoft can make sure their community gets quality games in bulk and keep them coming for a full year unlike last gen, where you received a good game once in a while. Microsoft is basically in essence the PS2 of this gen because of their ability to pull in so many games from so many 3rd party devs but actually are majorly responsible for the huge turn in PC games showing up on consoles. In essence they have more genres. Next gen might show off something different, but as far as this gen Sony is doing better, but nothing has changed for Microsoft whom has remained steadfast this gen. This is what Sony fanboys cannot stand. After God of War 3 releases the PS3 will have a severe drought until GT5 comes out at the end of the year.

Around the Network
jesus kung fu magic said:
Carl2291 said:
Just a quick look at the front page...

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103234&page=1

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103328&page=1

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103221&page=1

None of them have any negativity. And i could find many... Many more.

Do you not see the common denominator in all those threads?

None of those threads even remotely compares itself to anything else not 360 related......you cant show your bias without your preference being in the discussion.....

Its fanboy 101

If something 360 related gets compared to anything else (for example, on PS3), then other people have a right to comment or agree/disagree and let there opinions be known.

Are you ready for the boring world in which everybody all agrees?
And I know my fanboyish crap came from crap talking from 360 fans mostly on other sites, but also this one. People I meet in real life still believe the PS3 is just a expensive blue ray system when it never was.

Maybe it's because there are lots of 360 threads are just made as stealth troll threads.. and the rest of the userbase is too smart to fall for it and puts a stop to it.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

The PS3 was the laughing stock of the gaming industry for good reason; Sony wasn't focused on gaming and it showed (because in truth they don't give a damn about gaming). As far as the 360's concerned, Microsoft has done so much wrong, yet did so much more right and compared to Sony, they've done leaps and bounds more for the gaming community inspiring Sony to follow suit this gen. Nintendo has done their share this gen with innovation of tech which has inspired both Microsoft and Nintendo. I was an admittedly blind Sony loyalist last gen, but eventually after taking economy class I realized it's pointless to focus so much on a brand company as they are less about gaming and are more about controlling true gaming companies which make the games. Nintendo is the only true gaming company that makes systems and makes the games from the inside.

Sony fanboys jump on Microsoft like they stole something from the industry, when they are just as relevant, if not more than Sony if you think about it as a whole (and not just their vendetta with Sony). This gen has proven that Microsoft can make sure their community gets quality games in bulk and keep them coming for a full year unlike last gen, where you received a good game once in a while. Microsoft is basically in essence the PS2 of this gen because of their ability to pull in so many games from so many 3rd party devs but actually are majorly responsible for the huge turn in PC games showing up on consoles. In essence they have more genres. Next gen might show off something different, but as far as this gen Sony is doing better, but nothing has changed for Microsoft whom has remained steadfast this gen. This is what Sony fanboys cannot stand. After God of War 3 releases the PS3 will have a severe drought until GT5 comes out at the end of the year.

uughh... did you just say SONY doesn't give damn about gaming? They lose 4 billion PS3 and get moving, They continue to push superd quality games even when they might not hold any return, Theve constructed countless studio's to make sure they get that quality, thats just a few I mean how is that the face of of company that doesn't give a damn about gaming?

Around the Network

Its getting far to rediculous , its like every single 360 thread goes straight to hell after the first couple of posts.......

A survey done on here (informal) had the number of PS3 owners exceeding 360 owners something like 2 to 1.  Well, combine that with the reality that a site like this will draw videogame partisans, and you will see that the PS3 partisans will overwhelm a pro-360 thread, to cause it to end up that way.  PS3 partisans feel threatened by the 360, the way 360 partisans feel threatened by the PS3.  There are also concerns about sales numbers, how games look, and so on.

mrstickball said:
PS3 fans hijack the threads.

Its been that way for the past few years, but has been exacerbated since the Slim came out. AFAIK, there are twice as many PS3 fanboys here as opposed to 360.

Heck, look at this thread. There are 3 360 owners and 4 PS3 owners. Given that this is the MS forum, it should tell you something.

You're looking at those little badges under avatars to say whether someone is a PS3 fan/360 fan?

Wow

You shouldn't judge people because of the console they own.

chocoloco said:
Are you ready for the boring world in which everybody all agrees?
And I know my fanboyish crap came from crap talking from 360 fans mostly on other sites, but also this one. People I meet in real life still believe the PS3 is just a expensive blue ray system when it never was.

I must be filtering out the 360's partisan stuff so much, because it seemed absurd to me, that I am just not seeing it.

Boutros said:
mrstickball said:
PS3 fans hijack the threads.

Its been that way for the past few years, but has been exacerbated since the Slim came out. AFAIK, there are twice as many PS3 fanboys here as opposed to 360.

Heck, look at this thread. There are 3 360 owners and 4 PS3 owners. Given that this is the MS forum, it should tell you something.

You're looking at those little badges under avatars to say whether someone is a PS3 fan/360 fan?

Wow

You shouldn't judge people because of the console they own.

I was actually gonna point that out to, terrible form of judgement

M.U.G.E.N said:
Tbh I think in some cases (not all for certain) the threads started by certain posters INVITE arguments from other console users.

And why is that?

to put it simply soem threads from the first post itself start off by comparing some xbox game to 'named' games from other consoles and say it haz da best gfx evah! not saying sony fans don't do it.....just that some threads by xbox fans use that same format which invites arguments imo, if someone says for exampl;e, Alan Wake looks like a good game and has interesting story and great graphics, chances are people will argue less..just saying

Btw not trying to start an argument here, fanboys may it be xbox, ps or wii, they all suck...at least the unbehaved are, I myself is a fanboy of sorts, I love my PS3, but I love games like ME2 as well cuz at the end of the day it's all about preferences and tastes in gaming and I am a fanboy of gaming before consoles. There are no losers only winners cuz everyone has SOMETHING they can have fun with

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!