By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why is there soo much negativity in any 360 related thread?

libellule said:
@RAZurrection,

""""""""""""""""""""""""
1) 99% of all cross-platform games run better on 360 regardless of lead platform
2) Digital Foundrys analysis concludes the engine runs better on 360
3) Crytek's showing the 360 version to the PC media, which leads one to believe given the choice between the 360 and the PS3 version they show the PS3 media, the 360 version was better for showing off.
"""""""""""""""""""""""""

so that confirms what everybody is saying to you :
you know nothing but you like to make poor claim

Also, about the quote from Crytek and Uncharted2 :
Do you expect Crytek to say that Crisis2 will not be the best looking game ever considering Crisis1 was an overhyped game, with crappy story/settings/characters and basic gameplay that succeed to be highly hyped/rated only because ... it was the best looking game !!!

True, but, if anyone says that about KZ2, even in the X360 section, he's gonna get flamed to death, even if it's true for that game as well. And that's the whole fiasco going on, because even in the X360/Microsoft section, if someone prefers something of the X360 over the PS3, the chances are, he's gonna get beaten into the ground. And there is no need for it.

I seriously don't see why people can't stay in their own section if they love their own console so much. And to be honest, I'm getting sick of people acting like the PS3 is God, and the X360 is some useless rock in the desert or whatever, and any1 who disagrees is bashed and be forced to feel stupid because his/her opinion is different. This is always happening in the X360 section. I mean, it's like you can't even sleep in your own bed, because your neighbor will come and beat you with a club every time you try to sleep in your own freaking bed. The Sony section is there for a reason. Use it. If you go in the X360 section, chances are, you will encounter people that prefer the X360, and chances are, they are not going to praise the PS3, but the X360. And no, you don't have the right to go bash their own console in their own freaking section.

Note: This is a general statement, not an attack on libellule, even though I quoted him, it was just to use what he typed to make my point.

Truth does not fear investigation

Around the Network
Twistedpixel said:
Impulsivity said:

I've owned something like 14 different systems since the 80s (NES, Genesis, SNES, N64, PSX, PS2, PS3, 360, Xbox, Dreamcast, Game boy, DS, PSP, iphone) and none of them made me shell out cash for basic functionality after I bought the system except for the MS consoles.  Technically Sega had seganet for the dreamcast, but that included being your ISP in the fee.  If the 360's gold included an internet connection service in the cost I'd be fine with it since it's value added not just charging me for something that should be included.

It's that nickle and dime mentality that I dislike.  I would rather just pay 100 bucks more up front then pay a little less then get hit with hundreds in add on fees some perpetually.  If Microsoft cut that out next time around I would give their console a chance again (I've owned both a Xbox and 360 though sold both) I just don't know if it's in their DNA to deal with customers straight up like Nintendo and Sony do (well for the most part).

I think a lot of the 360 negativity is from former 360 owners who had one issue or another with their console.  At 35 million sold I'm pretty sure almost every gamer on here has either had a 360 or had a friend whose 360 they've used.  It's not some irrational hate based on no experience.  Look me up on windows live/xbox live, same user name (Impulsivity).  I have over a 10k Gamerscore from when I played so you can't say I didn't give it a chance.

I take it you never saved games? Obviously a save game facility is something which ought to have come with the box. So I take it you didn't disregard the PS1/PS2 because they didn't advertise that you needed a memory card to save?

Edit and an HD cable for a system which proports to be an HD system, thats why I bolded the PS3.

You're talking what?  10 bucks for the HDMI cable with the PS3?  (the 360 arcade doesn't come with HDMI either, I don't think anything but the elite does actually).  The dreamcast, PS1 and PS2 did need memory cards but they let you use 3rd party el chepo ones if you wanted.  I got a 8x memory card for the PSX for like 10 bucks that saved hundreds of games.

The 360 takes memory cards too but of course they only let you use the propriatary super expensive ones from MS.  In fact they go out of their way to ban 3rd party ones and end up sued as a result.  That never happened with Sega/Sony/Nintendo on their systems that use memory cards.

The Wii is the same as the PS3 in terms of being a good value.  It takes any 3rd party SD card you want to use so you can get tons of blocks for cheap just like you can get a 500GB drive for the PS3 for pennies per GB (vs over a dollar per GB if you want one for the 360).

If MS actually let 3rd party vendors make things for their console how long do you think it would be before we had a 50 dollar 120GB hard drive, a 30 dollar wifi adapter and 10 dollar memory cards?  Even apple who people complain about being the king of closed lets thousands of add ons work with their iphone/ipod products.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

joeorc said:
Lord Flashheart said:
And I move you to any 360 thread.
The point is it's far worse on the MS threads.
But you can't see that as you like that.

it's bad pd. even I can see there are plenty of Microsoft thread's derailed pretty quick, but there is quite a few of them that with the tone of the thread that I think causes that to moreso than not happen because of the way the thread is design to stir up a response.

this thread no matter what would have gained quite a bit of responses because of it tone and subject matter. other than if it was not locked off right away.

This thread was headed that way from the start. It's what the thread is about but it did ask a question that needed to be asked.

You can use 3rd party memory cards on the 360. 3rd party vendors can make accessories for the 360 but seeing as you aren't here to cause trouble and know all the facts *searches for the rolls eyes gif* I'm surprised you would say something as innacurate as that
Seriously where do you people get your info from?

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i wish their was more 360 fans on this site too, hopefully in time. things can change, natal and being more reliable can only help with future 360 fans on this site i believe.

I admire your optimism, unfortunately I no longer share it.  In order for anything to change we need things to change from the top, this will never happen so I expect the site to deteriorate further from here on out.  I personally will not be adding as much to discussions on this site anymore because I'm sick of a moderation team that make up the rules as they please to suit a given situation and frequently ignore the worst offenders on this site.  Funnily enough I'm not the only "360 fan" that has this opinion and I will not be the last.

Am I bitter over my recent ban?  Absolutely but its just the final straw for the last 3 bans that have all been for the made up reasoning of "flaming" which is a joke given I can pick out dozens of posts each hour that are worse and are NEVER moderated against.  I'm sick of reporting stuff only for a mod to go on a crusade to have you silenced. 

A good start for change might be to not allow news contributions from users with a blatantly obvious agenda.

Around the Network
slowmo said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i wish their was more 360 fans on this site too, hopefully in time. things can change, natal and being more reliable can only help with future 360 fans on this site i believe.

I admire your optimism, unfortunately I no longer share it.  In order for anything to change we need things to change from the top, this will never happen so I expect the site to deteriorate further from here on out.  I personally will not be adding as much to discussions on this site anymore because I'm sick of a moderation team that make up the rules as they please to suit a given situation and frequently ignore the worst offenders on this site.  Funnily enough I'm not the only "360 fan" that has this opinion and I will not be the last.

Am I bitter over my recent ban?  Absolutely but its just the final straw for the last 3 bans that have all been for the made up reasoning of "flaming" which is a joke given I can pick out dozens of posts each hour that are worse and are NEVER moderated against.  I'm sick of reporting stuff only for a mod to go on a crusade to have you silenced. 

A good start for change might be to not allow news contributions from users with a blatantly obvious agenda.

That's a shame, dude. I liked to read your views on topics...

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
slowmo said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

That's a shame, dude. I liked to read your views on topics...

It's just not worth my time and effort posting anymore on here, idiots can post what they like and get a free pass it seems to troll while a certain number of posters get hammered for even the slightest hint of an infringement.  I cannot give you specific examples and evidence though as others suggested earlier in this thread though because you'd no doubt then get banned for singling people out. 

I do happen to remember a recent occurence where we had kow, Selnor, Jesus Kung Fu Magic and at least another 3-4 of the bigger 360 posters all banned at the same time.  Every single ban was harsh but those of us posters left had no option other than to stay silent or we'd get banned too.  If Naz and his team cannot see the damage they've done with their actions and the distrust formed around the team then I suggest they take a long read of this thread and actually speak to people privately about the issue. 

These feelings have been building for over 6 months now and once you get a certain reputation it will be impossible to shift it.  My biggest gripe is the lack of moderator intervention in threads to stop excessive trolling.  Instead of just banning users how about actually steering conversations into a more positive direction rather than always reacting.

Anyway I'll drop it now or my return to the forums will be very short.  Glad to know I could at least add some interesting reading from time to time.

"A good start for change might be to not allow news contributions from users with a blatantly obvious agenda."

Which is one of the reasons N4G went down hill.

People I'm going to lock the thread after I post this, not because I believe this thread is not constructive, but in the hopes that this post does not get buried again by a mass of whining and bitching, and to keep me from having to repeat this while I'm busy at GDC trying to get up articles for your enjoyment.

As you are probably aware, I'm the community manager on this website. My job is to try and keep the community a clean and enjoyable place to discuss video games, and I do that by hiring and managing the moderator staff, in addition to writing and adjusting the forum rules as necessary. So, believe me, I know exactly what you have to do to have your grievances heard on this website. So please, follow these steps:

Reporting Trolls:

1) Report posts. Mods cannot possibly be expected to read every thread. If you are not reporting issues that are trolling, your post will not be heard.
2) If you have a repeated issue with an individual user and reports haven't been effective, email or PM me WITH LINKS to these posts, and I'll deal with it.
3) If a moderator or another staff member is trolling report it DIRECTLY TO ME, and do not report it in the standard system, as it may be lost.

Reporting Unfair Moderations:

1) Report to me. If you were unfairly banned, report it to me FIRST. Do not argue with the mods, do not make alt accounts and complain. Email me FIRST.
2) If that doesn't get a response, make a new account and PM me, but DO NOT POST ON THE FORUMS WITH THIS ACCOUNT. I will always respond to your issues, I promise, even if it's not necessarily the response you wanted to hear, I will respond.
3) If for some insane reason I don't respond, ever, to repeated questions, I'm probably dead in a car crash, but whatever caused it, report it to Brett, and he'll deal with it if I'm completely unavailable.

I'm your resource. If you have things that you need cleaned up on the forums, I'm the one to go to. Please understand this. Do not make topics like this; it does not help. Do not bite back and insult worse; it does not help. Report, report, report, and if you have issues after that you need to come to me. I hope this resolves the issues. If you still have questions PM me, but it may take a while to respond as I'm still at GDC trying to give you guys the best coverage and great articles to learn about. Still, I promise I will respond at some point.