By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why is there soo much negativity in any 360 related thread?

Carl2291 said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
Carl2291 said:
Just a quick look at the front page...

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103234&page=1

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103328&page=1

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103221&page=1

None of them have any negativity. And i could find many... Many more.

Do you not see the common denominator in all those threads?

None of those threads even remotely compares itself to anything else not 360 related......you cant show your bias without your preference being in the discussion.....

Its fanboy 101

If something 360 related gets compared to anything else (for example, on PS3), then other people have a right to comment or agree/disagree and let there opinions be known.

Stating your well thought out opinion is one thing but blatently showing your bias is another......here is an event on this site even you will agree with.

Lets say hypothetically that there was a multiplat game that was better on the 360 than the ps3......if someone made a thread about it , it would be pretty calm and there would probably be only one thread talking about it.

Now when a ps3 multiplat is better than its 360 counter part and what do we get? 10 threads about it with people throwing around the words "superior" and "inferior" every chance they get......lest not forget that there were far greater gaps between the multiplat games favouring the 360 with none of this happening.

A reviewer gives a low score to a ps3 game and they become labeled as bias and it becomes a site wide known fact......same thing for a 360 game and nothing happens.

A reviewer says a 360 game is graphically ahead and that thread doesnt last......A dev says the same for a ps3 game and the thread is filled with agreement.

I give a ps3 game a 7.5 and I get hell.....I give a 360 game a 7.5 and it is ignored.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

It's when someone taunt another.

richardhutnik said:
chocoloco said:
Are you ready for the boring world in which everybody all agrees?
And I know my fanboyish crap came from crap talking from 360 fans mostly on other sites, but also this one. People I meet in real life still believe the PS3 is just a expensive blue ray system when it never was.

I must be filtering out the 360's partisan stuff so much, because it seemed absurd to me, that I am just not seeing it.

Are you talking abou real life or on the web or both. Because years ago every response I would get from a 360 owner when I mentioned my PS3 was it has no games and its an expensive blue ray. These claims were partially true at the time, but it sure doesn't create any love for those ignorant 360 only owners. I'm sad to say it had an effect on my opinion of my 360, even though it brings me hours of entertainment I can't experience on my PS3.

Xxain said:
Boutros said:
mrstickball said:
PS3 fans hijack the threads.

Its been that way for the past few years, but has been exacerbated since the Slim came out. AFAIK, there are twice as many PS3 fanboys here as opposed to 360.

Heck, look at this thread. There are 3 360 owners and 4 PS3 owners. Given that this is the MS forum, it should tell you something.

You're looking at those little badges under avatars to say whether someone is a PS3 fan/360 fan?

Wow

You shouldn't judge people because of the console they own.

I was actually gonna point that out to, terrible form of judgement

Still doesn't change the fact that more PS3 owners are posting in this thread than 360 owners. If that is the case, then there will eventually be abuses. I am not trying to argue the merits of PS3 owners over 360 owners. Merely pointing out how many PS3 owners choose to come into 360 threads.

Going further than that, simply look at thread counts on VGC for the console owners' groups:

• Nintendo - 17,116
  • Sony - 17,747
  • Microsoft - 9,934

Now, if Microsoft has essentially 8,000 less posts, you have to consider that there are less posters that are 360-focused, ergo less 360 owners. Furthermore, you can look at unique users that own multi-plat games on VGC. For example, there are more PS3 owners of Modern Warfare 2 than 360 owners. What should that tell you about the users of VGC?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

CGI-Quality said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The PS3 was the laughing stock of the gaming industry for good reason; Sony wasn't focused on gaming and it showed (because in truth they don't give a damn about gaming). As far as the 360's concerned, Microsoft has done so much wrong, yet did so much more right and compared to Sony, they've done leaps and bounds more for the gaming community inspiring Sony to follow suit this gen. Nintendo has done their share this gen with innovation of tech which has inspired both Microsoft and Nintendo. I was an admittedly blind Sony loyalist last gen, but eventually after taking economy class I realized it's pointless to focus so much on a brand company as they are less about gaming and are more about controlling true gaming companies which make the games. Nintendo is the only true gaming company that makes systems and makes the games from the inside.

Sony fanboys jump on Microsoft like they stole something from the industry, when they are just as relevant, if not more than Sony if you think about it as a whole (and not just their vendetta with Sony). This gen has proven that Microsoft can make sure their community gets quality games in bulk and keep them coming for a full year unlike last gen, where you received a good game once in a while. Microsoft is basically in essence the PS2 of this gen because of their ability to pull in so many games from so many 3rd party devs but actually are majorly responsible for the huge turn in PC games showing up on consoles. In essence they have more genres. Next gen might show off something different, but as far as this gen Sony is doing better, but nothing has changed for Microsoft whom has remained steadfast this gen. This is what Sony fanboys cannot stand. After God of War 3 releases the PS3 will have a severe drought until GT5 comes out at the end of the year.

Now you just sound like you have a personal vendetta with Sony. You would have thought they killed a member of your family.

Enjoy the games people, damn.

I don't have a vendetta with Sony. I focus on Sony's every move that  is made public enough for gamers to see, yet ignore. While they ignore I keep things in mind. Sony always got the benefit of the doubt because of their third party dominance. I could tell you about a convo I had with a Sony fanboy friend of mine. I am a fanboy of no brand, but I do give emphasis on the negatives and positives of a company and what they've been doing.  I don't know why that is such a problem. If you think what I am saying is wrong just call me out on it so I can give specifics.

Around the Network
Boutros said:

Nah nah just kidding.

I hope it could change. But believe me we don't see these kinds of things in 360 threads only. Most of my threads about movies in the off-topic section turns bad :/

Really? What usually happens. I'm interested to know.

mrstickball said:
Xxain said:
Boutros said:
mrstickball said:

Its been that way for the past few years, but has been exacerbated since the Slim came out. AFAIK, there are twice as many PS3 fanboys here as opposed to 360.

Heck, look at this thread. There are 3 360 owners and 4 PS3 owners. Given that this is the MS forum, it should tell you something.

You're looking at those little badges under avatars to say whether someone is a PS3 fan/360 fan?

Wow

Still doesn't change the fact that more PS3 owners are posting in this thread than 360 owners. If that is the case, then there will eventually be abuses. I am not trying to argue the merits of PS3 owners over 360 owners. Merely pointing out how many PS3 owners choose to come into 360 threads.

Going further than that, simply look at thread counts on VGC for the console owners' groups:

• Nintendo - 17,116
  • Sony - 17,747
  • Microsoft - 9,934

Now, if Microsoft has essentially 8,000 less posts, you have to consider that there are less posters that are 360-focused, ergo less 360 owners.

Why does it matter if PS3 owners are in Microsoft threads?

As long as they have something interesting to say I don't see the problem.

And it's true that there's more PS3 owners here but that doesn't mean they're all bad persons.

It's just jealousy, imho. They just HATE the fact that it was PS3's destiny to be crowned King of ALL Consoles, based on the success of the last console war, and Microsoft and the Xbox 360played spoiler, like Ross Perot in the 1992 election (read up kiddies). Looking at EVERY estimate before the launch of the 360, they all the PS3 dominating sales and influence on gaming, but instead, they are in third place, and fighting for relevancy of yesteryear. It probably has to do with fear as well, since this is a business, and if PS3 can’t execute sustain profitability this year, there are going to be some lifecycle considerations for the way ahead. If Natal takes off like wild fire in the consumer market place…things are going to be very dicey, but that’s a big if at this point, I might add. So, as far as this site goes…every green thread is an opportunity to troll, and imho, the moderators should really start to clamp down on it with warnings and bans to stop it…I can’t speak for what goes on in red threads, since I rarely if ever post in them, and I’m not say we should have green vs. red, but I think most people KNOW who the culprits are…and it’s no secret to what they are trying to do with the derailing of threads.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Boutros said:
mrstickball said:
Xxain said:
Boutros said:
mrstickball said:

Wow

• Nintendo - 17,116
  • Sony - 17,747
  • Microsoft - 9,934

Now, if Microsoft has essentially 8,000 less posts, you have to consider that there are less posters that are 360-focused, ergo less 360 owners.

Why does it matter if PS3 owners are in Microsoft threads?

As long as they have something interesting to say I don't see the problem.

And it's true that there's more PS3 owners here but that doesn't mean they're all bad persons.

I never said that all PS3 owners are bad. There are plenty of great PS3 contributors such as yourself.

However, like anything else in life, the more there are of something - anything - the higher the chance there are for fanatical people to do dumb things, like be negative about 360 titles. The very same can be said about XBL and the issues of players with microphones and using foul/offensive language. Is the 360 user base bad? No, but because there are simply a whole lot more people with mics, there are more likely chances for abuses.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Lord Flashheart said:
Boutros said:

Nah nah just kidding.

I hope it could change. But believe me we don't see these kinds of things in 360 threads only. Most of my threads about movies in the off-topic section turns bad :/

Really? What usually happens. I'm interested to know.

Oh there's soo much negativity about movies here on vgchartz. It's crazy. I mean it seems people are watching movies just because they have to and not because they want to. Personally, I like every movie I see mostly because I'm a very open-minded person I think. So it's very depressing to see everybody saying how bad they think a movie is. And I'm not only talking about the Alice in Wonderland thread. Not so long ago, I made a thread about Spider-Man 4 being cancelled and you should have seen all the hate (and there was so much of it) towards the whole franchise in general simply because the third was a little less awesome.

C-R-A-Z-Y

But this is totally off-topic lol