By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why is there soo much negativity in any 360 related thread?

Reminds me of gametrailers.. how a thread may start off well discussing an "issue" and then it quickly turns into a fanboy war..

I think the OP has a point, there are more ps3s fans here.. but there are also good 360 posters, while there may be alot of bad ps3 posters.

The thing is, not everyone is going to agree with you, and as long as they offer a VALID ARGUMENT, there is no reason to be so mad about anything. Problem is, that when you are wrong, you think the entire world is against you.

mM
Around the Network
heruamon said:
Carl2291 said:
heruamon said:
cmeese47 said:
maybe it is because the 360 thread usually try and tout how much better they are then PS3 which drives the sony fan boys crazy especially when the thread is wrong

You mean like the Metro 2033 that made NO MENTION of the PS3 or any PS3 games in the OP, but 2 post in had someone attacking it?

Do you mean the one where it was compared to Fallout 3... Or did i miss something?

"...Something tells me you wouldn't have created this thread if this game was available on the PS3..."

Right off the bat, whammo. 

And the best bit is, that first comment looks utterly silly. Because a) I havent got a PS3 which leads to B) why would I post a PS3 game for my game of March if I'm never gonna buy it?

The trolls are so bad now in the 360 forum, they defy logical sense to reason. Damn right 'my' game of March is on 360, because I only own a 360.;/

Well not specifically on the forums (although this is a major problem as well) I am interested to see that DF FFXIII comparison showed up on VGC's front page as news, whereas the 360s been owning the PS3 for 4.5 years (retroactively) now in DF comparisons and they're strikingly absent.

Oh and whenever a 360 game sets a new standard in graphics it's either a state of total disbelief or claims that they must be "PC shots".

jesus kung fu magic said:
Icyedge said:
Carl2291 said:
Carl2291 said:
Just a quick look at the front page...

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103234&page=1

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103328&page=1

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103221&page=1

None of them have any negativity. And i could find many... Many more.

Do you not see the common denominator in all those threads?

None of those threads even remotely compares itself to anything else not 360 related......you cant show your bias without your preference being in the discussion.....

Its fanboy 101

If something 360 related gets compared to anything else (for example, on PS3), then other people have a right to comment or agree/disagree and let there opinions be known.

Stating your well thought out opinion is one thing but blatently showing your bias is another......here is an event on this site even you will agree with.

Lets say hypothetically that there was a multiplat game that was better on the 360 than the ps3......if someone made a thread about it , it would be pretty calm and there would probably be only one thread talking about it.

Now when a ps3 multiplat is better than its 360 counter part and what do we get? 10 threads about it with people throwing around the words "superior" and "inferior" every chance they get......lest not forget that there were far greater gaps between the multiplat games favouring the 360 with none of this happening.

A reviewer gives a low score to a ps3 game and they become labeled as bias and it becomes a site wide known fact......same thing for a 360 game and nothing happens.

A reviewer says a 360 game is graphically ahead and that thread doesnt last......A dev says the same for a ps3 game and the thread is filled with agreement.

I give a ps3 game a 7.5 and I get hell.....I give a 360 game a 7.5 and it is ignored.

Is it the egg before the chicken or the chicken before the egg?

Of course the chicken, after all who would provide sustinance and warmth for the egg and chick once it hatches?

How did the first chicken existed?

heruamon said:
Carl2291 said:
heruamon said:
cmeese47 said:
maybe it is because the 360 thread usually try and tout how much better they are then PS3 which drives the sony fan boys crazy especially when the thread is wrong

You mean like the Metro 2033 that made NO MENTION of the PS3 or any PS3 games in the OP, but 2 post in had someone attacking it?

Do you mean the one where it was compared to Fallout 3... Or did i miss something?

"...Something tells me you wouldn't have created this thread if this game was available on the PS3..."

That one was actually from a Wii fan. But i see what you mean...

The point is, he compared it to Fallout 3. Which is regarded as one of the best RPG's this gen, if not ever. It's also available on the PS3, by the way.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The PS3 was the laughing stock of the gaming industry for good reason; Sony wasn't focused on gaming and it showed (because in truth they don't give a damn about gaming). As far as the 360's concerned, Microsoft has done so much wrong, yet did so much more right and compared to Sony, they've done leaps and bounds more for the gaming community inspiring Sony to follow suit this gen. Nintendo has done their share this gen with innovation of tech which has inspired both Microsoft and Nintendo. I was an admittedly blind Sony loyalist last gen, but eventually after taking economy class I realized it's pointless to focus so much on a brand company as they are less about gaming and are more about controlling true gaming companies which make the games. Nintendo is the only true gaming company that makes systems and makes the games from the inside.

Sony fanboys jump on Microsoft like they stole something from the industry, when they are just as relevant, if not more than Sony if you think about it as a whole (and not just their vendetta with Sony). This gen has proven that Microsoft can make sure their community gets quality games in bulk and keep them coming for a full year unlike last gen, where you received a good game once in a while. Microsoft is basically in essence the PS2 of this gen because of their ability to pull in so many games from so many 3rd party devs but actually are majorly responsible for the huge turn in PC games showing up on consoles. In essence they have more genres. Next gen might show off something different, but as far as this gen Sony is doing better, but nothing has changed for Microsoft whom has remained steadfast this gen. This is what Sony fanboys cannot stand. After God of War 3 releases the PS3 will have a severe drought until GT5 comes out at the end of the year.

but but what about modnation racers, last guardian and the agent? plus there will be many others you will see. so in your opinion the only good game that will come out for rest of year is gt5 on ps3?

your harkering back to the old ps3 has no games nonsence.

imo 360 fanboys are the worst by far, they cant accept that ps3 is a perfectly viable gaming platform. thats why everyone has had to listen to the "ps3 has no games, who needs bluray" etc etc

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Mass Effect 2 is GOTY and a ... Microsoft exclusive!

*runs away*

It's just that simple.

Icyedge said:
Icyedge said:
Carl2291 said:
Carl2291 said:
Just a quick look at the front page...

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103234&page=1

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103328&page=1

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103221&page=1

None of them have any negativity. And i could find many... Many more.

Do you not see the common denominator in all those threads?

None of those threads even remotely compares itself to anything else not 360 related......you cant show your bias without your preference being in the discussion.....

Its fanboy 101

If something 360 related gets compared to anything else (for example, on PS3), then other people have a right to comment or agree/disagree and let there opinions be known.

Stating your well thought out opinion is one thing but blatently showing your bias is another......here is an event on this site even you will agree with.

Lets say hypothetically that there was a multiplat game that was better on the 360 than the ps3......if someone made a thread about it , it would be pretty calm and there would probably be only one thread talking about it.

Now when a ps3 multiplat is better than its 360 counter part and what do we get? 10 threads about it with people throwing around the words "superior" and "inferior" every chance they get......lest not forget that there were far greater gaps between the multiplat games favouring the 360 with none of this happening.

A reviewer gives a low score to a ps3 game and they become labeled as bias and it becomes a site wide known fact......same thing for a 360 game and nothing happens.

A reviewer says a 360 game is graphically ahead and that thread doesnt last......A dev says the same for a ps3 game and the thread is filled with agreement.

I give a ps3 game a 7.5 and I get hell.....I give a 360 game a 7.5 and it is ignored.

Is it the egg before the chicken or the chicken before the egg?

Of course the chicken, after all who would provide sustinance and warmth for the egg and chick once it hatches?

How did the first chicken existed?

Process of elimination.....the egg cannot survive without the chicken yet the chicken can survive without the egg.....how it existed we dont know but we know its there.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

selnor said:
heruamon said:
Carl2291 said:
heruamon said:
cmeese47 said:

And the best bit is, that first comment looks utterly silly. Because a) I havent got a PS3 which leads to B) why would I post a PS3 game for my game of March if I'm never gonna buy it?

The trolls are so bad now in the 360 forum, they defy logical sense to reason. Damn right 'my' game of March is on 360, because I only own a 360.;/

Didn't you get a PS3 for Christmas?... Or so you were saying...

selnor said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
selnor said:
I think people need to stop with it. It's ruining this site immensely.

There was a comment I disagreed with just tonight in the Sony forums. I PM'd the person in question, as to not derail that thread with 360 fanboy outcomes. If you dont believe me ask CGI. IT was him I PM'd.

IF I'm considered what is the most exastive 360 fan on here and I dont troll Sony forums with games I'm likely never to buy, then why do so many PS fans do it. Hell those loads of Sony threads I disagree with. But you dont se me trolling every Sony thread.

Every single 360 thread gets I reckon 70% posts from Sony fans with no intention of ever buying the game. So why comment? The threads get derailed and then locked by some random mod. Why have the mods not spotted this?

Something needs to change, because it's getting as bad as the GAF.

You of all people should not be the one to talk....most of your the gfx of this game is da best evah threads are full of troll bait and taunting....you Selnor imo is one of the reasons for this whole situation...and I am tlaking about recent activity as I am relatively new...so I 'might' be wrong but that's just my impression

WTF? Seriousy this comment is exactly whats wrong with the site now. There is at least 100 more best PS3 gfx games threads on here with no trolling. Sitting happily in the Sony forums.But when a 360 one opens with actual reviewer or technical backing, it's trolled to high heaven. It's all because Sony shouted a false promise to it's fan. And one they have all run with from day one.Until you see that, this site will stay the same.

Chill out dude :D and most of your threads are not clear cut...you post comments that are questionable, heck you uses Rz as a refference to back your 'facts' once even. I mean seriously? When you start threads that say this game looks best on the xbox, see the pictures, see the comments from pros etc, people try to back up their console with the evidence they find too....same with FF13 mind you, so it goes both ways

anywho I see this thread has gone down south real fast...and ironically it's because of angry xbox fans :) funny isn't it? Anywho I'm outta here...

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!