By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nights on PS2.

Didn't a Sega rep recently say that the ps2 would be viable through 2009?

I'll have to check this out as I never owned a saturn.

@naznatips

come on, there are probably plenty of great ps2 games you've never played. the ps2 is like the snes in the sense that you can have one around forever playing all the games that never seem to get old.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

There are lots of PS2 games that I'm still playing, but not a whole lot I'm interested in that I haven't. I like replaying Okami, Odin Sphere, DQVIII, all 3 Ratchet games, and Dark Cloud 2 a lot.

Okami I can get for the Wii when that releases so 1 game down.

Odin Sphere's spiritual successor Oboro Muramasa is hitting the Wii so that's 2 games down.

I'll stop playing DQVIII when DQIX hits so that's 3 games down.

I could buy F:ToD when I get a PS3 so that would take care of my Ratchet desires.

Sony seems to have given up on making new Dark Cloud games so that one I may have to just accept will never have a sequel. ;_;

Now NiGHTS is hitting so I'll obviously have to keep my PS2 active to play and beat it. I do still have the original Saturn version but it's in storage back home. I don't keep anything but my Wii, PS2, DS, and PSP with me in my apartment.

great news thats its confrimed i will get it when it releases

Still think this and the Nights 2 will both fail to deliver, but the recent coverage on 1up has actually gotten me hopeful again.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Awesome. Now I can play it all upscaled like. Thank you 60 gig PS3.

Around the Network

I hate ports. If you do not have the console that the game originated on, you are not worthy of playing it.

I dont care it looks bad I wont waste 30buks on a ps2 game.

mM
Zucas said:
If this is true then it would make no sense whatsoever. If the original was ever to be remade it would probably go on the Wii not PS2.

I mean I guess this could happen but you'd just have to look at Sega and say what the hell are you thinking.

Probably "It can be played on the PS3, well most of them, and we think they'll win in the end!"

Why are they still making Playstation 2 games? Just kill it! Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Xbox are officially dead, so just kill the Playstation 2 already.

a.l.e.x59 said:
Why are they still making Playstation 2 games? Just kill it! Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Xbox are officially dead, so just kill the Playstation 2 already.

Because it haves a huge userbase who thinks next gen sucks at the moment. (a lot of PS2 owners I know think next gen sucks).

PS2 owners have a huge library with a hell of load games to play.

I still have to buy games that i want for PS2 and finish them probably take another year or three and when that times come that I played everything that I want I can skip to the next gen.

Nights only make the time longer before I will skip to next gen.

Ps: I called it next gen but you also may change it to current gen whatever you want.