By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Rainbow Yoshi said:
Scoobes said:

Things just keep getting worse for Button. 11th on the grid and now armed men attempt to carjack him:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11704802

UK F1 driver Jenson Button carjacked in Brazil
Armed attackers have targeted British Formula One driver Jenson Button in the Brazilian city of Sao Paulo, his McLaren racing team have confirmed.

His car was attacked, but Button was unhurt, McLaren said.

Button had been in practice for the Brazilian Grand Prix at Interlagos, and will start 11th on the grid.

Brazil's major cities have a bad record for serious crimes of violence, which have caused concern ahead of major events like the 2014 World Cup.

"Would-be assailants made an attempt to approach the car that was carrying Jenson Button" on Saturday, said the statement from McLaren.

Button, 33, was quickly driven away by an armed policemen in the reinforced armoured vehicle provided by McLaren.

Button's manager Richard Goddard and trainer Mike Collier were also in the vehicle.

"The police driver of Jenson's vehicle reacted swiftly and, using avoidance techniques, rapidly forced his way through the traffic, taking Jenson and the other occupants of the car immediately away from any danger and back to their hotel," McLaren said.

The team added "the Sao Paulo authorities have also acted efficiently and will be providing additional security" on for Button and other team members on Sunday.

I am almost certain that they had no clue that they were attempting to attack the reigning world champion of F1, though I believe that they knew that they had just left Interlagos. 

I'm guessing you're right. That would be way too high profile for even the maddest criminals. It's a good thing McLaren paid for the police driver.

Around the Network

Due to SciFiBoy's perma-ban this thread has not been updated. Should we attempt to update it? For example all the latest F1 news should be included, such as Button's incident in Sao Paulo.

Kind of a boring race but at least now the McLarens are pratically out.

Fernando Alonso does not deserve to be triple world champion, nor does Sebastian Vettel deserve the title. That leaves Mark Webber and Lewis Hamilton who have both driven well this year.

Theres ONE man who deserves the championship this season and that's Mark Webber. He has driven consistantly well all season and made few mistakes, its just a shame one of the mistakes he did make (in the korean GP) had been so costly and lost him the lead in the Drivers championship.

He has driven alot better than Sebastian Vettel and was also faster in this race (brazilian GP), he constantly caught up with Vettel posting faster lap times but then kept hitting traffic and losing 1second overtaking so having to start from scratch again.

Im 100% he could of overtaken Vettel if it was not for the bad timing of the safety car and Senna blantenly not moving out of the way for him when he was blue flagged. Also Red Bull in my opinion are shooting themselves in the foot by not backing Mark Webber. They've made it extra hard in this final race for them to try and get the Drivers championship as fernando Alonso is still leading the championship and its going to take Webber to finish 1st with Alonso finishing in 3rd or less. They can make this result more easier for themselves if they back Mark Webber. They need Vettel to support him by making sure he finishes 2nd. Fernando Alonso doesnt deserve this title, Ferrari went against the rules and should have been deducted there points for that grand prix. Red Bul,l FFS back Mark Webber.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

Alonso has been by far the most clinical driver this year. That's the main reason why he's leading the championship in a car that is slower than his principle rivals.

StokedUp said:

Theres ONE man who deserves the championship this season and that's Mark Webber. He has driven consistantly well all season and made few mistakes, its just a shame one of the mistakes he did make (in the korean GP) had been so costly and lost him the lead in the Drivers championship.

He has driven alot better than Sebastian Vettel and was also faster in this race (brazilian GP), he constantly caught up with Vettel posting faster lap times but then kept hitting traffic and losing 1second overtaking so having to start from scratch again.

Im 100% he could of overtaken Vettel if it was not for the bad timing of the safety car and Senna blantenly not moving out of the way for him when he was blue flagged. Also Red Bull in my opinion are shooting themselves in the foot by not backing Mark Webber. They've made it extra hard in this final race for them to try and get the Drivers championship as fernando Alonso is still leading the championship and its going to take Webber to finish 1st with Alonso finishing in 3rd or less. They can make this result more easier for themselves if they back Mark Webber. They need Vettel to support him by making sure he finishes 2nd. Fernando Alonso doesnt deserve this title, Ferrari went against the rules and should have been deducted there points for that grand prix. Red Bul,l FFS back Mark Webber.

If anything, I think they've played it safe. If Mark does have a problem be it technical or driver error, then they'll be punching themselves for not allowing Vettel to win today. At least this way if one driver has a screw up, they have a second driver in the running.

Rainbow Yoshi said:

Fernando Alonso does not deserve to be triple world champion, nor does Sebastian Vettel deserve the title. That leaves Mark Webber and Lewis Hamilton who have both driven well this year.

Come on, I could have  agreed with that comment in the first half of the year, but from Spa onwards he has made more driver mistakes than in the previous three years.

Kynes said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:

Come on, I could have  agreed with that comment in the first half of the year, but from Spa onwards he has made more driver mistakes than in the previous three years.

Looking back on his previous rookie years before becomming champion, he made a lot more errors but had a better care compared to the rest of the pack. This season he's been in the 3rd fastest car yet still managed to keep himself in the title hunt, all the way to the last race (although it's virtually over now for him).

And if you look at the mistakes he has made, he was very unlucky that they came off as badly as they did.

I am starting to wonder that Fernando Alonso will win, thus becoming the 9th best driver in F1!