By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - This is why Halo Reach will outsell Halo 3! Just do the math people!

Reach will be 4th Halo title on the 360.

I think there will be one Halo title released on the 360 after Reach. To me the Halo franchise is not going to be as strong after Halo 3.

definitely don't sell Reach doing better than H3 without bundlitius.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Khuutra, why did you do that?

It seemed appropriate at the time

Khuutra said:
toastboy44562 said:

Halo 3:ODST-4.69m

An add on to the popular game Halo 3, sold 4.69 million. Let's assume that half the people got it for the 4 hour campain so that's about 2.3 million sales for ODST's campain.

This is where things start to go sour. We have no statistics to suggest anything about whether or not people buy this for the campaign - Hell, I don't own ODST myself, but isn't the game's multiplayer mode exactly the same as Halo 3's plus some DLC?

Reach will have a 10 hour campain so that's 2.3m times 2.5. which would mean ~5.75 people will get it for the campain.
BLAGH! This doesn't work at all. You can't pretend there's an absolute correlation between campaign length and people interested in playingn said campaign!
The fanbase will be a lot bigger because of more consoles sold and the odst bundles. Also, there will be practically no competition so let's ass another ~1m.
P.....practically no competition? A much bigger fanbase? For Halo? How do you measure these things? At what point do you sit down and say, "Yeah, this seems like a pretty reasonable thing"?
Now Halo 3:ODST has practically no online, it just gives you maps for Halo 3. So if we assume that half of halo 3 buyers bought halo 3 for multiplayer and half of the people the bought ODST bought it for multiplayer.
Wait! Why are we assuming that? What makes you think that half the people who bought ODST didn't own Halo 3? What is your basis for that assumption?
So far we have 10.86m/2 + 4.69m/2-2.3= people that buy reach for mulitplayer. We get about 7.73 million buy Reach for multiplayer.
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH 
So if you add the buyers for singleplayer, multiplayer, and add in the bigger fanbase/consolebase you get a total of 14.48 million! That will be the sales of Halo Reach!
Do you guys understand?
No. Explain to me how you arrived at these numbers. Any of them. Please.

i used vgchartz.com

toastboy44562 said:

i used vgchartz.com

I have been vanquished

I just thought that it's legs will give it a further REACH than Halo 3.

Not sure I really follow the reasoning here.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:

You know, I could write an entire paragraph or two to this. I could respond to it. Then I realized that you'd just get angry and pout all over the thread and ruin it even more than it already has been.

I've done enough damage to this thread already. It doesn't need your mess of complaining either. Bye.

Really? I can't believe how immature you are. Like someone said at the end of our last argument, you and me AGREE and say the SAME thing, yet you simply cannot bring yourself to say "You're right Akvod. Me and you are the same in this regard".

For everybody else: Me and Montana both hold kowen to a higher standard and expect bettter of him. *shrug* No argument!

It could sell more, sure, but I dpoubt it. As much as MS and Sony wants us to think, this gen wont last that long, so I doubt that it will have the time to leg out 12 million + sales. It could do it, tough IMO the chances are higher that it wont reach those numbers. Still, it will be a monster seller thats certain

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Let's be honest, that's terrible logic.

LMAO at everyone who has already decided that Reach is a worse game than Halo 3 because "the series is in decline." How about we wait until the game is actually released before making those kind of declarations, or at least wait until the beta in May?

Given the video we've seen already I think Reach shows some promise. Right now I'd give even odds on Reach selling/not selling more than Halo 3, but I am prety sure that even if it falls short, that Bungie won't be crying themselves to sleep over 9M frontloaded sales at ~full price.

Chairman-Mao said:
Let's be honest, that's terrible logic.

C'mon, we PS360ers can unite on something right?