By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - This is why Halo Reach will outsell Halo 3! Just do the math people!

what was our prediction for ODST?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

I dont know if Halo: Reach will outsell Halo 3 at all, but I know I am looking forward to it more than any other Halo game.

De85 said:
Cross-X said:
Vertigo-X said:
Cross-X said:
De85 said:

For the same reason that people who did not buy Halo: CE bought Halo 2, and the same reason that people who did not buy Halo 2 bought Halo 3...

Ok then what's gonna stop people who didn't buy neither Halo 3 or ODST and buy Reach from buying Halo 3 in the future?

You're like that annoying kid who always asks "Why? Why? Why?"

lolz I need explanations :D

I can't say exactly, but it will probably be something similar to whatever prevented the extra people who bought Halo 2 from going back and buying Halo: CE, or whatever prevented the extra people who bought Halo 3 from going back and buying Halo 2.  Just think about the sales history of the series, it would not be unprecedented for Reach to outsell Halo 3.

Sure fair enough if you look at teh sales history you could say it's not so impossible for Reach to outsell Halo 3 but what's important here is that Halo 3 and Reach are on the same console. The X360 which is now world renown and loved by many unlike the original XBox and in this generation, I think people will have a bigger chance of looking into Halo 3 after Reach if they haven't already done so yet.