By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - This is why Halo Reach will outsell Halo 3! Just do the math people!

Carl2291 said:
It will sell less.

Because i'm a Sony fanboy.

Not because i think many people will have been put off by Halo 3... ODST... Wars. Or because many more people wont fall into the hype. Just because i'm a fanboy.

I agree....not cuz it's true or anything, cuz I'm a fanboy myself

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Carl2291 said:
It will sell less.

Because i'm a Sony fanboy.

Not because i think many people will have been put off by Halo 3... ODST... Wars. Or because many more people wont fall into the hype. Just because i'm a fanboy.

I agree....not cuz it's true or anything, cuz I'm a fanboy myself

Obviously... I mean Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 saw a pretty big drop between MW1 and MW2 due to the release of World at War. I can see how your logic works flawlessly here.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Akvod said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Let's be honest, that's terrible logic.

C'mon, we PS360ers can unite on something right?

Reach will sell super well, I just don't think it'll do Halo 3's nearly 11 million.

Totally makes sense, i think you're even being a bit conserved. Its definitely feasible!

Chairman-Mao said:
Akvod said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Reach will sell super well, I just don't think it'll do Halo 3's nearly 11 million.

Forget how much it'll sell, the way it was calculated was simply absurd.

Around the Network
Akvod said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Akvod said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Forget how much it'll sell, the way it was calculated was simply absurd.

haha yeah that was some really weird reasoning to say the least.

Khuutra said:
toastboy44562 said:

Halo 3:ODST-4.69m

An add on to the popular game Halo 3, sold 4.69 million. Let's assume that half the people got it for the 4 hour campain so that's about 2.3 million sales for ODST's campain.

This is where things start to go sour. We have no statistics to suggest anything about whether or not people buy this for the campaign - Hell, I don't own ODST myself, but isn't the game's multiplayer mode exactly the same as Halo 3's plus some DLC?

Reach will have a 10 hour campain so that's 2.3m times 2.5. which would mean ~5.75 people will get it for the campain.
BLAGH! This doesn't work at all. You can't pretend there's an absolute correlation between campaign length and people interested in playingn said campaign!
The fanbase will be a lot bigger because of more consoles sold and the odst bundles. Also, there will be practically no competition so let's ass another ~1m.
P.....practically no competition? A much bigger fanbase? For Halo? How do you measure these things? At what point do you sit down and say, "Yeah, this seems like a pretty reasonable thing"?
Now Halo 3:ODST has practically no online, it just gives you maps for Halo 3. So if we assume that half of halo 3 buyers bought halo 3 for multiplayer and half of the people the bought ODST bought it for multiplayer.
Wait! Why are we assuming that? What makes you think that half the people who bought ODST didn't own Halo 3? What is your basis for that assumption?
So far we have 10.86m/2 + 4.69m/2-2.3= people that buy reach for mulitplayer. We get about 7.73 million buy Reach for multiplayer.
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH 
So if you add the buyers for singleplayer, multiplayer, and add in the bigger fanbase/consolebase you get a total of 14.48 million! That will be the sales of Halo Reach!
Do you guys understand?
No. Explain to me how you arrived at these numbers. Any of them. Please.

Hahaha! The OP might just be so serious he's kidding, similar to Deadly Premonitions' "so bad it's good". Regardless, this thread is pure gold!

The BuShA owns all!

ok wow this thread is crazy and funny but for all the wrong reasons. but since it's crazy and funny it must be right

Akvod said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Akvod said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Akvod said:
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:
Many sony fanboys say (want) it will do less.... it will do more. the end.

This is why I get annoyed at you a lot.

First off, you're assuming that only Sony fanboys would want this game to sell less. There are 360 fans who don't like Halo, Nintendo fans who don't like the 360, PC fans who don't like console shooters, etc. Of course, this never occurred to your PS3, Sony fan hating self, but it's a possibility. And what reason will it sell more? I'm not saying that it's not possible, just that you provided no actual reason. You just said it will do more, and then said "the end" like you're God and your word is final. 

Stop being s o biased. You have a Contributor position, you know. 

I thought contributors were supposed to like any other poster here right? Stop going back on your own words.

In my opinion, telling someone to shut up as a contributor isn't a big deal.

However, showing console bias (especially when you're responsible for multiplatform-centric articles) is a problem.

My point was that contributors are supposed to be examples and models. You wouldn't write an entire paragraph to the 99% of unbiased posters in this forum. Why kowenicki? Because he's a contributor right?

You can argue that shut up isn't a big deal, but my point was that seece was to be a role model, and you didn't really adress it. So clarify now please. Do you believe contributors serve as models for this forum, or are you really so afraid that kowen's next article is gonna be biased?

If I wrote an entire paragraph to every biased person on this site, I'd be here for days. Yet still, you see me do it for dozens of people. I just did it the other day for someone who didn't hold any staff positions, and I was far more stern and aggressive about it. I type pretty fast (usually about 60-80 WPM), so I can write a paragraph like that pretty quickly and effortlessly. It's not an "entire paragraph to me." As a Contributor, Kowenicki should be generally unbiased, especially when he's writing the kind of articles he does. Now, he may not ever inject his bias into the articles he writes, but it's best to at least not show one's bias. It would be like Ebert (who in my opinion shows no bias) saying in an interview that Pixar movies are shit. He may review them without bias, but he shows his bias in other areas. 

And frankly, you've been on my ass ever since that thread. Get over it. Jesus Christ.

Holy crap, me, me, me, me, me. Sorry to go off topic, but are you aware that this post, and the post you made in the most balanced/unbiased poster one just reeks of "I am X"? To be honest, you're annoying me even more than kowen's biased post right now.

And sheesh, could you not condense your paragraphs to a single and simple point? Actually, after reading that mess I realized that you still haven't simply answered the question of WHY kowen shouldn't show bias in the forum. You were so nice to give a simple answer to kowen in your reply to him (it's bad for the forum or something like that), why can't you simply agree with me? Contributors, mods, admins, etc are to be models, or at lease held to a higher standard.

Please don't write another god damn paragraph with your 60-80 WPM speed. Yes or no? A simple sentence to elaborate as to why at most.

He did tell you why.  When a person who writes the acrticle he does on gap charts and charts on market share he or she shouldn't write really biased coments for or against one of the cosus or users of them so they can be taken seriosly and the site as well.  Someone who isn't a memeber reading his articles and reading posts like that wouldn't get a feel of profetionalism from the site.

Maybe if you got off your vendetta agaist montana and read what he wrote we wouldn't have all these rants.

I dont think there is a peak to sales of any franchise and that sequels always have a good chance of outselling their predecessors.

In this case; being Bungies last Halo game, having the ODST demo and with how well a "add-on" sold, Reach has a damn good chance of outselling Halo 3 (and I think even MW2, which will outsell Halo 3 at one point).

This should be huge for the 360.