By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - This is why Halo Reach will outsell Halo 3! Just do the math people!

toastboy44562 said:
huaxiong90 said:
I don't know how much Halo: Reach'll sell.

But one factor that could hurt its sales is the competition from Call of Duty.

nope, mw3 isnt coming this year, the W@W vietnam wont sell nearly as much

I'm referring to the possibility that Modern Warfare has stolen a portion of the Halo fanbase. Remember I said "possibility". We will find out the truth soon enough.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

All I'm going to say is I think the logic behind your deduction is a little suspect.

Reach might very well sell more than Halo 3, if it's good, get's everyone who bought Halo 3 on board plus brings in some new players.

I doubt campaign length or strange comparisons of ODST to Halo 3 are the way to judge this.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

huaxiong90 said:
toastboy44562 said:
huaxiong90 said:
I don't know how much Halo: Reach'll sell.

But one factor that could hurt its sales is the competition from Call of Duty.

nope, mw3 isnt coming this year, the W@W vietnam wont sell nearly as much

I'm referring to the possibility that Modern Warfare has stolen a portion of the Halo fanbase. Remember I said "possibility". We will find out the truth soon enough.

my opinion is that people will be tired of MW2 by then and wont pick up cod7 unless its mostly nazi zombies. but who knows

MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:
Many sony fanboys say (want) it will do less.... it will do more. the end.

This is why I get annoyed at you a lot.

First off, you're assuming that only Sony fanboys would want this game to sell less. There are 360 fans who don't like Halo, Nintendo fans who don't like the 360, PC fans who don't like console shooters, etc. Of course, this never occurred to your PS3, Sony fan hating self, but it's a possibility. And what reason will it sell more? I'm not saying that it's not possible, just that you provided no actual reason. You just said it will do more, and then said "the end" like you're God and your word is final. 

Stop being so biased. You have a Contributor position, you know. 

I am glad somebody said it, cause i was thinking it. I like his graphs and the work he puts in on the site but then i see these kinds of posts day in day out and no longer wonder why he sometimes gets a bad rep around here.

MontanaHatchet said:
Akvod said:
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:

First off, you're assuming that only Sony fanboys would want this game to sell less. There are 360 fans who don't like Halo, Nintendo fans who don't like the 360, PC fans who don't like console shooters, etc. Of course, this never occurred to your PS3, Sony fan hating self, but it's a possibility. And what reason will it sell more? I'm not saying that it's not possible, just that you provided no actual reason. You just said it will do more, and then said "the end" like you're God and your word is final. 

I thought contributors were supposed to like any other poster here right? Stop going back on your own words.

In my opinion, telling someone to shut up as a contributor isn't a big deal.

However, showing console bias (especially when you're responsible for multiplatform-centric articles) is a problem.

My point was that contributors are supposed to be examples and models. You wouldn't write an entire paragraph to the 99% of unbiased posters in this forum. Why kowenicki? Because he's a contributor right?

You can argue that shut up isn't a big deal, but my point was that seece was to be a role model, and you didn't really adress it. So clarify now please. Do you believe contributors serve as models for this forum, or are you really so afraid that kowen's next article is gonna be biased?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Akvod said:
kowenicki said:
Akvod said:
kowenicki said:

Oh, come on! Did you even read the OP? Nevermind the final number he gave, but the ridiculous way he calculated it? I can understand you supporting the Xbox 360 or Halo, but not stupidity right?

I know its a joke thread.....

I am merely getting in first...and responding to the many posts I have seen over the last few months saying that halo 3 is the peak of halo sales.

1=many?

Aside from the first reply, nobody mentioned Halo 3 from my memmory. All they did was laugh at the absurd logic, and CoD. And you're aware of the OP's post history right?

1 in this  thread...

???

Sony fanboys will always be bitter about Halo's success no matter what so it is natural that they will bash the franchise with all their heart. Jk thread or not.

kowenicki said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Akvod said:
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:

I thought contributors were supposed to like any other poster here right? Stop going back on your own words.

In my opinion, telling someone to shut up as a contributor isn't a big deal.

However, showing console bias (especially when you're responsible for multiplatform-centric articles) is a problem.

lol.. hang on a minute...

Almsot every contributor here shows console bias...

And yet my stories are some of the few that show none.  My stories are as neutral as any here... always!  and much more neutral than many.

are you saying otherwise?

Look, I'm sorry for lashing out at you. I know that you do a good job with your articles, and I appreciate that. It's great that you don't show bias with those. However, I don't think that that allows you to show this kind of behavior in the forums. As crazy as this may sound, I do like you as a poster. I just don't like posts like these. It's just trying to stir up trouble. You know that it's a generalized statement, and you know that you didn't actually back up what you said.

I get along with you just fine until you make posts like those. Whatever problems you have with Sony fans (or whatever else it is), just try to not make posts like those. They only stir shit up and don't help the site.

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Campaign length is directly proportional to sales ? :/

Yeah, my head just exploded.

The BuShA owns all!

LOL I shoulda put this in the microsoft discussion! u guys are arguing like there's no tomorrow