By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Portal 2 coming to 360/PC NOT ps3

matt247 said:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Im gonna use that for my sig, thats awesome!

OT- A full $60 game of portal? Mmmm no thanks give me L4D2 DLC.

Around the Network
Sharky54 said:
No surprise here. A incompetent developer refusing to make games on a system they just aren't good enough to make games on.

You sir are a moron.

Sorry if thats banworthy but really saying Valve is incompetent for not releasing PS3 games is like saying "wow that company that is making shitloads of money is totally doing it wrong LoL!!11!!1!"

I was shocked it wasn't coming to PS3. Didn't Valve say they messed up with the PS3 the other day, or something, and now this? PS3 had goty last year, but they may not have it this year, if Valve stays true to form(assuming someone can top Mass Effect 2, that is). :P

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

why isnt matt banned for his troll title? "NOT" ps3? why caps? Just say coming to 360/PC. you're trying to start things.

everdom said:
Sharky54 said:
No surprise here. A incompetent developer refusing to make games on a system they just aren't good enough to make games on.

You sir are a moron.

Sorry if thats banworthy but really saying Valve is incompetent for not releasing PS3 games is like saying "wow that company that is making shitloads of money is totally doing it wrong LoL!!11!!1!"

no sir. As I recall. Someone at valve said the PS3 was too hard to program for. And that they wouldn't make any games for it. If it is too hard for them. Thats fine. Just means they aren't a great developer.

Also. Last I checked. They don't make nearly as much money as many companies that do make games for the PS3. 

Around the Network
Sharky54 said:

no sir. As I recall. Someone at valve said the PS3 was too hard to program for. And that they wouldn't make any games for it. If it is too hard for them. Thats fine. Just means they aren't a great developer.

Also. Last I checked. They don't make nearly as much money as many companies that do make games for the PS3. 

Check out http://www.valvesoftware.com/publications/2008/GDC2008_CrossPlatformDevelopment.pdf

They have obviously done some work on it, if they made the above presentation.

In any case they've probably made more money per developer than 99% of companies working on the PS3. Thats including Sony, since Sony haven't made any money on the PS3.

Btw, obviously Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Team ICO, Guerilla Games are even more sucky developers as they only work on one platform. Valve is therefore still better than all the Sony 1st/2nd party, but they still suck right?

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Sharky54 said:
everdom said:
Sharky54 said:

You sir are a moron.

Please name just one of these companies?? Because all i see is companies that arent sponsored or first party bleeding money everywhere. Valve has steam - a great hulking money making machine, and they make some of the best games period.

Twistedpixel said:
Sharky54 said:

Check out http://www.valvesoftware.com/publications/2008/GDC2008_CrossPlatformDevelopment.pdf

They have obviously done some work on it, if they made the above presentation.

In any case they've probably made more money per developer than 99% of companies working on the PS3. Thats including Sony, since Sony haven't made any money on the PS3.

Btw, obviously Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Team ICO, Guerilla Games are even more sucky developers as they only work on one platform. Valve is therefore still better than all the Sony 1st/2nd party, but they still suck right?

Having an agreement to develop for only one system is different then refusing to do it because it is "hard"

everdom said:
Sharky54 said:
everdom said:
Sharky54 said:

You sir are a moron.

Please name just one of these companies?? Because all i see is companies that arent sponsored or first party bleeding money everywhere. Valve has steam - a great hulking money making machine, and they make some of the best games period.

I personally think portal is the only worthwhile game they have ever made. Also I assumed we were just talking about money from games. Because valve games don't really sell that amazingly. Gamestop makes more money the steam. How about that? Truth of the matter is. They said it would be too hard to design games for. That shows me they suck. If you bring your car to be fixed. And the guys says "I am sorry, this car is too complicated for me to work on" would you say your friends should go there for work on their cars? I doubt it.

Sharky54 said:
everdom said:
Sharky54 said:
everdom said:
Sharky54 said:

You sir are a moron.

I personally think portal is the only worthwhile game they have ever made. Also I assumed we were just talking about money from games. Because valve games don't really sell that amazingly. Gamestop makes more money the steam. How about that? Truth of the matter is. They said it would be too hard to design games for. That shows me they suck. If you bring your car to be fixed. And the guys says "I am sorry, this car is too complicated for me to work on" would you say your friends should go there for work on their cars? I doubt it.

And you have sales data for steam and Valve?  Quit talking out of your asshole, they don't want to develop for PS3 cause the PS3 is unnecessarily hard, the dev kit sucks, and they are a PC based developer.  QQ some more, it's a free country they don't have to do shit if they don't want to, and they are still laughing all the way to the bank.