By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Portal 2 coming to 360/PC NOT ps3

No real surprise here...looks to be alot of fun!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
De85 said:
Sharky54 said:
De85 said:
Sharky54 said:

I personally think portal is the only worthwhile game they have ever made. Also I assumed we were just talking about money from games. Because valve games don't really sell that amazingly. Gamestop makes more money the steam. How about that? Truth of the matter is. They said it would be too hard to design games for. That shows me they suck. If you bring your car to be fixed. And the guys says "I am sorry, this car is too complicated for me to work on" would you say your friends should go there for work on their cars? I doubt it.

You must be joking, right?  In just the past year and 3 months they have sold over 5 million games on 360 alone in the form of L4D 1 and 2. 

http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=Left+4+Dead&keyword=&console=&region=All&developer=&publisher=&genre=&boxart=Both&results=50&order=Hits

That's besides the PC sales of both, which are almost universally believed to be higher than 360's, and with a higher profit margin for valve to boot. 

@topic:  Portal is a strong contender for my favorite game of the entire gen.  Count me in for the sequel.

That is exactly the point. That is one game that has sold sort of well on the xbox. And I can assure you if they had made it for the PS3 it would have sold at least one million more copies. I am done with this thread though.

Backpedal much?  Looking back at your previous post it seems your point was that valve games don't sell well, I even highlighted it.  I personally think that over 5M games in a little over a year qualifies as selling extremely well.

I don't doubt that they might pick up a few extra sales from the PS3, maybe even a million, but at the end of the day valve is a private company and if they don't want to they don't have to.  They certainly aren't hurting for cash so they don't need to.

I said what I said not because they don't want to. They are free to do whatever it is they want. But I said it because they said the PS3 is too hard a platform to create games on. It has nothing to do with how much they sell or anything. jesus. Look how many copes of MW2 sold on the PS3. uncharted2. Killzone2. Etc etc. Theres no reason to not make it if they are able to make games and are not payed by microsoft not to. But they said they are unable to because it is too difficult to do. Thus to me. They are incompetent.  

So they are paid of by MS now?

Lord Flashheart said:
So they are paid of by MS now?

You sure don't know how to read do you?

"Theres no reason to not make it if they are able to make games and are not payed by microsoft not to. But they said they are unable to because it is too difficult to do. Thus to me. They are incompetent. "
They are able to make games so they must be paid off. There are plenty of reasons to not make a game for a console.
Saying a machine is difficult to programme doesn't mean they can't or are incompetent. It means they can't be bothered with the hassle or just don't want to.
Or are you saying valve don't know how to make games?

Around the Network

Listen, just drop it. Every thread here I post in you have to start crap with me. Just leave it be. You will never convince me valve does not suck. I will never convince you they suck. So why even bother? Also I said they are not being paid by microsoft. I have no problems with being paid to keep a game exclusive on one platform. But to say "This is too hard, so we wont do it" Makes me feel you are unable to do your job as best you can." I have the right to think this. So please leave me the **** alone. Is there an ignore button so I don't have to see this guy's posts anymore?

Sensitive much?You post or I do and the other responds. thats how these things work. If you don't like it don't respond.
Simple.
And don't say things if you don't want people to question it. Like I said there are plenty of reasons for a dev to be exclusive or excluding that don't involve the MS paid them of whine or incompetent devs screams.
If a job is difficult it doesn't mean you aren't doing it to the best of your abilities. How can you get better if not challenged or pushed? but sometimes you just don't want to.
A fair and valid reason. You are free to think what you want and I am free to challenge.

And please don't think I'm following you around ready to post at a moments notice. You aren't that special but I admit good for a laugh.

BW_JP said:
why isnt matt banned for his troll title? "NOT" ps3? why caps? Just say coming to 360/PC. you're trying to start things.

With all due respect, check 100% of 360 threads. They are all ruined or closed due to trolling and flaiming regardless.

OH NOES!!!!! PORTAL 2 IS 360 EXCLUSIVE!!!@@

WHY DON't I OWN A 360!!!???!?@@@

EDI:T: Also; fat.

Sharky54 said:
everdom said:
Sharky54 said:
everdom said:
Sharky54 said:
No surprise here. A incompetent developer refusing to make games on a system they just aren't good enough to make games on.

You sir are a moron.

Sorry if thats banworthy but really saying Valve is incompetent for not releasing PS3 games is like saying "wow that company that is making shitloads of money is totally doing it wrong LoL!!11!!1!"

no sir. As I recall. Someone at valve said the PS3 was too hard to program for. And that they wouldn't make any games for it. If it is too hard for them. Thats fine. Just means they aren't a great developer.

Also. Last I checked. They don't make nearly as much money as many companies that do make games for the PS3. 

Please name just one of these companies?? Because all i see is companies that arent sponsored or first party bleeding money everywhere. Valve has steam - a great hulking money making machine, and they make some of the best games period.

I personally think portal is the only worthwhile game they have ever made. Also I assumed we were just talking about money from games. Because valve games don't really sell that amazingly. Gamestop makes more money the steam. How about that? Truth of the matter is. They said it would be too hard to design games for. That shows me they suck. If you bring your car to be fixed. And the guys says "I am sorry, this car is too complicated for me to work on" would you say your friends should go there for work on their cars? I doubt it.

....I'm completely baffled by this post...

The guys who created almost indisputably the greatest shooter ever made(Half-Life 2), redefined online multiplayer shooting (Counter-Strike), and created an online marketplace that has an obscene amount of games and continues to rake in the cash (Steam), only have one worthwhile game...That which had significantly less resources in it than their other games....?

Not that it makes portal a bad game (portal is fap-worthy), it's just the truth.