By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Portal 2 coming to 360/PC NOT ps3

letsdance said:
red_dragon said:
letsdance said:
why is this in the MS forum?

because it's coming to 360 too.

so? should be gaming forum. case closed.

He is right :-/

But on topic: Can't wait :D

Around the Network

Does it matter where its posted? Both Microsoft and Gaming would work just as well.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't this be of real note if Portal 2 was going to be on PS3?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Akvod said:
It's nice that it has coop, but no death match still?

Pass.

Gabe Newell ate my sarcasm meter.....

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

No surprise here. A incompetent developer refusing to make games on a system they just aren't good enough to make games on.

Around the Network
Twistedpixel said:
Does it matter where its posted? Both Microsoft and Gaming would work just as well.

Very much so. People who have a PC but not a 360 and are interested in PC news should be able to see this news too without searching for it. Why would I enter a MS forum when it mostly to do with 360 news? Something I'm not interested in. It also cuts out the pointless argument of where it should have been posted. If I saw Valve or Left for Dead or Half Life I would have just skipped over it and never of noticed what forum it was in. But if it had Counter Strike or in this case Portal I clicked on the thread because I own both games.

And it'd be the equivalent of putting this thread ( http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103033&page=1#5 ) in the sony forum or all the ff13 reviews since they reviewed the ps3 version... which would be just as stupid.

Twistedpixel said:

I respectfully agree.

letsdance said:
Lord Flashheart said:
It should be in gaming IMO.
Might pick this up for the PC and why can't Valve choose what platforms they make games for like Bungie or insomniac?

They can. I don't care. But they should stop talking then. If they are chosing the 360/pc then dont talk about ps3 sucking. Then talk about being interested in ps3, and then the very next game you develop not being on the ps3. I don't think anyone would have said anything about it if they didn't mention the ps3 recently

Just because of their earlier comments I say this will be a year late port. They want to practice on the Ps3 I cant see any better game to do it for, but focus mainly on the other platforms first...

I don't see any heat for the "only on Ps3" nonesnse that goes around from devs and very recently in a direct response to the 360 yet Valve are almost vilified.

Also I see we have the obligatory "lazy dev"  remark. Well done.

Awesome - I'm really looking forward to it. Portal was one of the greatest games I ever played and I couldn't care less if it comes to PS3 or not, since I'm getting the PC version anyway.

I can't fathom how people can play FPS on a console - aiming with a controller ... wtf?

Great news... its the PC version for me anyways, so Im glad I can play it Portal is the single best thing that came from Valve IMO, and I bet that the sequel will be just as refined and amazing as the first one

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!