By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - Mega Man Wii confirmed by Inafune

Words Of Wisdom said:
Helios said:
Did you guys even play the Zero series? Not only are they some of the best action games in existence, but the first Megaman Zero was just as different from Megaman X as X was from the original series. Seriously, a completely new presentation/mission layout, a vastly superior combat system, much faster gameplay, and rankings (final score; 100p, baby!).

Megaman ZX is again different, although I don't think it's quite as good as the Zero games. The idea of playing as the other Megamen is cool, but ZX is completely overpowered and they messed up the combo system. Also, no rankings; boo!

Zero was a pansy after X and his games were disappointing.

We went from:

to this:

I like how you back up your statements with such inteligent and well written arguments when needlessly attacking other people's opinions. I can see why you picked that name.

So, yeah, those pictures show exactly why Zero owns in the Megaman Zero series. The generic anime style of the X series is pretty, uh... Generic, I'd say. What's so bad about the latter picture, anyway? Certainly, the animator did make a much larger effort to make Zero look cool, comparatively. It's not Celda ("cuteification") or anything. No, I'm afraid the Zero games just have much higher standards in general, quality wise. And even if you don't like it, there is nothing 'kiddy' about the Megaman Zero artstyle, which is only seen in a few scenes anyway.

As for the games; they speak for themeselves – which, again, is more than I can say for you.

Around the Network

@ Soriku

Way to grasp at straws... He said the Wii has some potential and maybe their target audience could embrace the series... I can hardly declare that "No for PS3, yes for Wii". In the end it doesn't really matter because the MegaMan series has been run into the ground anyway, I wouldn't buy it on any console it came out on but to each it's own.

I like how you back up your statements with such inteligent and well written arguments when needlessly attacking other people's opinions. I can see why you picked that name.

If my opinion differs from that of others then so be it. Anyone who takes a slap against a video game personally is a fool just looking for a fight and a bruised ego. Agree/disagree, I don't much care. You're entitled to your opinion, just as much as I am.

So, yeah, those pictures show exactly why Zero owns in the Megaman Zero series. The generic anime style of the X series is pretty, uh... Generic, I'd say. What's so bad about the latter picture, anyway? Certainly, the animator did make a much larger effort to make Zero look cool, comparatively. It's not Celda ("cuteification") or anything. No, I'm afraid the Zero games just have much higher standards in general, quality wise. And even if you don't like it, there is nothing 'kiddy' about the Megaman Zero artstyle, which is only seen in a few scenes anyway.

I did not mention the word "kiddy" so do not place that upon me; I detest that word in all its forms. I simply prefer the look of the original Zero. He was something powerful and cool that X could aspire to in the original Megaman X. In the Megaman Zero games, he lacks many of the qualities of his I liked in the Megaman X series. It felt like they took something awesome and "normalized it." He was no longer Superman, he was permanently Clark Kent.

As for the games; they speak for themeselves – which, again, is more than I can say for you.

If you lack the ability to listen to the opinions of others without becoming upset, the internet and the world as a whole will be a very unpleasant place. If you could hold your opinion and not waver or become resentful in the face of mine, then I would respect you far more than I do now.

dtewi said:
I still haven't finished Mega Man Hyper Ultra Battle Network XBFZero 359: Part 35 Episode 264

Funniest ISH all day lmao

Wii COLLECTION:Legend Of Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Wi Play, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3
Xbox 360 COLLECTION:Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Rumble Roses(Im Ashamed) , Call Of Duty 4
PS3 COLLECTION:Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet And Clank, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

"MUST HAVE TITLES"
Zack & Wiki, Medal Of Honor: Heroes, Rygar : Battle Of Argus, Tales Of Symphonia: Knight Of RatatosK, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy: Crystal Cronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Soul Calibur: Legends, Mario Kart:Wii , Battalion War:II, Assassin's Creed, God Of War 3, Ninja Gaiden II, White Knight Chronicles, Disagea 3, Resident Evil 5,

"END OF THE YEAR PREDICTIONS"
|Wii- 40.46 Million | Xbox 360- 32.52 Million | PS3- 31.50 Million|

Oh and im the one who said that the new Megaman is KIDDISH and yes im sticking by my opinion, they look like Baby action figures now

Wii COLLECTION:Legend Of Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Wi Play, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3
Xbox 360 COLLECTION:Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Rumble Roses(Im Ashamed) , Call Of Duty 4

"MUST HAVE TITLES"
Zack & Wiki, Medal Of Honor: Heroes, Rygar : Battle Of Argus, Tales Of Symphonia: Knight Of RatatosK, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy: Crystal Cronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Soul Calibur: Legends, Mario Kart:Wii , Battalion War:II, Assassin's Creed, God Of War 3, Ninja Gaiden II, White Knight Chronicles, Disagea 3, Resident Evil 5,

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
If my opinion differs from that of others then so be it. Anyone who takes a slap against a video game personally is a fool just looking for a fight and a bruised ego. Agree/disagree, I don't much care. You're entitled to your opinion, just as much as I am.

Does that stop you from being nice about it and debate like a sane person? No.

I did not mention the word "kiddy" so do not place that upon me; I detest that word in all its forms. I simply prefer the look of the original Zero. He was something powerful and cool that X could aspire to in the original Megaman X. In the Megaman Zero games, he lacks many of the qualities of his I liked in the Megaman X series. It felt like they took something awesome and "normalized it." He was no longer Superman, he was permanently Clark Kent.

Oh, that's a fair opinion. I can't quite relate to it, because I would argue Zero is much cooler both in demeanor and appearence (he looks more human, but that's sort of the point, no?), but of course you are free to dissagree.

*You didn't mention 'kiddy', but someone did.

If you lack the ability to listen to the opinions of others without becoming upset, the internet and the world as a whole will be a very unpleasant place. If you could hold your opinion and not waver or become resentful in the face of mine, then I would respect you far more than I do now.

And I'm wondering why you had to quote me if all you had to say was "That's stupid." I'm sorry, but I take that as a personal offence. All I'm saying is, if you want to argue, do it properly.

Helios said:

And I'm wondering why you had to quote me if all you had to say was "That's stupid." I'm sorry, but I take that as a personal offence. All I'm saying is, if you want to argue, do it properly.

You simply don't understand.  I am not arguing anything.  I have stated my opinion and I have even explained why it is such for your benefit.  That is all.

If you cannot distinguish between that and a real argument then I don't think you possess the ability to argue or debate with me in the first place.

Now, are we done derailing this thread with off-topic drivel or do you wish to continue?

I was going to find one of the cutesy super-deformed Mega Man drawings from the NES era or maybe the horrible North American boxart and write "Rated M for Matchoor!!" on it or something, but instead of being a troll I'll just comment on the original topic. :)

I'd love to see another shot at Mega Man Legends on Wii, I think the pointer could really boost the controls of that series. Any Mega Man on Wii would be fine by me.

if they make one i hope its a FPA like meroid primes and also using mp3's or moh:h2 controls,that would be sweet

Urghhh i don't know if I would want to see Megaman in a FPS because there are already to many other helmet wearing super heroes saving the world FPS's like Master Chief, Samus and all other games out right now that are FPS's.

Aww F*** it I cant write a good argument to save my life today just ignore me  :(

"MUST HAVE TITLES"