By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What genre do you hate?

Most racing and fighting games are boring to me.

Currently Playing: - Pokemon Sun - 3DS

3DS Friend Code: - 4339-3849-0940

Around the Network

FPSs... I try to get used to them, but I really suck at controls, so I don't even play them. Not that some of the titles are good indeed: Metroid Prime, Modern Warfare and Halo are there.

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

I'm not entirely sure I hate any genre. Obviously, I have my preferences, though even some of my least favoured genres have either featured some of my favourite games or have blended well with another genre of my liking.

I don't hate... but I don't like the racing (serious) games. FPS are not my favorites also

There are plenty of genre's that I just don't like enough to ever bother with. I wouldn't say I hate them so much as I am indifferent to them.

But the one genre I do have strong emotions about are RTS. They are close enough to being something I like that I buy them from time to time, but because I am someone who wants a strategy game to be chess like in its pacing - I always get frustrated.

Around the Network

I don't hate rhythm games, but I've never really been interested in playing one that much. The closest I come to hating a genre is fighting games I guess. Part of it is that I find it boring, part of it is that I suck, but I think the last fighting game I even remotely enjoyed was the first MK when I was a kid. I do like the UFC game and Fight Night, which although they are 1 v 1 fighting, don't belong in the same genre IMO.

Racing games and, to a certain extent, JRPGs.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Of the genres I like least, I would have to say FPS. I generally avoid them because I rarely enjoy them. Invariably, though, one will be released with great reviews, and I'll pick it up and play it and have no fun at all.

JRPGS. Never played one and don't feel the appeal to do so.

Proud owner of a Wii, a Xbox360 and a PS3 (...two PS3's...)

My main brawl characters

Now playing:

wii:Super smash bros. brawl, The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
ps3: Guitar hero 3,4,5. Rock Band 1,2. Resistance 2
Xbox360:Nhl2k9, Mass Effect, MW2, Halo 3.

Not into stealth or turn-based games but hate is too strong a word. Just can't see spending the money. Third-person perspective, over-the-shoulder and real-time plz. Oh and hyphens, I love em! DA, F3 and ME where I can level, loot and build a char. Hope I'm not ruining 'gaming' for anyone.