By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What genre do you hate?

FPS, in general.

Around the Network

I hate JRPG's.

Also whatever Heavy Rain is. I HATE that genre the most.

Fighting games that aren't Smackdown vs RAW or UFC Undisputed. I.e. Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat. They are all so boring.

JRPGs because they usually take too many liberties with the RPG elements, the story is nearly always spiky-haired youth with big sword saves the world, cutscenes that last way too long! =/

dobby985 said:
Fighting games that aren't Smackdown vs RAW or UFC Undisputed. I.e. Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat. They are all so boring.

JRPGs because they usually take too many liberties with the RPG elements, the story is nearly always spiky-haired youth with big sword saves the world, cutscenes that last way too long! =/

Hey that counts for WRPGs too, in Fallout 3 I was a spiky-haired youth who saved the world!

OT: It's not really hate, but I do dislike Sports games. They can be fun once in a while though.

Christhor said:
dobby985 said:

Hey that counts for WRPGs too, in Fallout 3 I was a spiky-haired youth who saved the world!

OT: It's not really hate, but I do dislike Sports games. They can be fun once in a while though.

Fallout 3 was crap though. The main thing I was talking about is that JRPGs focus too much on the narrative and not enough on the gameplay and RPG elements. The original RPGs (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons and then Diablo, Baldur's Gate etc...) didn't really have any kind of storyline. The 2 main things that matter in an RPG are leveling and character development (i.e. equipping items, upgrading stats etc..) not storylines which is exactly what modern JRPGs focus on and is the reason I don't like them.

Around the Network

sim sports (save hockey) and sim racing

if the game is good, i will play it, no matter what genre =p

Cinematic anything. Any game which takes control of the camera from me, has tons of movies and generally anything that ruins good gameplay with studid interludes. The only cinematics I like are for RTS games like command and conquer but thats about it.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

I hate shooters.  FPS are the worst for me.  I can stomach some third person shooters.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

FPS. oh good i hate this!!! i will never understand why it is so popular because there all the same too me