By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What genre do you hate?

I just can not get into sports games, 2D fighting games, and race car games.

Around the Network

I used to like them, but fighting games such as Tekken and Soul Calibur.

I forgot to mention RTS games--I had forgotten all about that genre since I quit PC gaming about 2 years ago. Those kind of games stress me out. If I want multi tasking stress, I'll go to work.

What I especially hate about them is that for a lot of them there is most definitely a "right answer" to each level, and this is opposite of how I think an RTS should play. My best example of this is probably Company of Heroes on the PC.

While I wouldn't say hate, the JRPG genre was worn out it's welcome after being just about the only genre I played from the PS1 - PS2 era. In fact since Valkyrie Profile 2 all the way back in 2006 i have yet to play a jrpg I enjoy enough to finish (not sure if Valkyria Chronicles counts as it is a SRPG and not a traditional JRPG).

MMORPGs.
Too much of a time investment. You have to essentially play all of the time to keep up with other people.

Around the Network

I don't utterly abhor any genre, I do, however, dislike the profusion of mediocre FPSs in this age.

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

My least favorite games are sports and puzzle games. They dont intrest me in the least.

Severance said:
pariz said:
Wagram said:
I don't literally HATE this genre. But I definitely dislike it. That is WRPG.

Same here. Though I know I should try a bit harder to like them.

you should try Dragon Age , Demon's Souls or Elder Scrolls, i can see why everyone dislikes Fallout , its like a huge ass FPS.

WRPG is a great genre its just like JRPGs ... heck all genres have common cliches.

Well, I followed your lead and got me Demon's Souls. I've got to admit that, though I pretty much suck at it, it's a hell of a game. So good that I even played it above Heavy Rain and GoW III last couple of days (all of them are so good!).

Music games and JRPGs, followed by simulation games

I don't hate any genre. I just play more than others. puzzle games are kind of boring though.