By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think Sony is giving GoW too much attention while ignoring others?

White Knight Chronicles got a ton of trailers before release. I think Sony did enough to market it to the existing install base.

God of War III has more appeal and an easy to market main character.

Around the Network

Seriously?

Heavy Rain will sell alright won't do right good though.

White Knight Chronicles will not make a million.

God of War III will sell extremely well, will make Sony a ton of money and is going to be there biggest exclusive until GT5 releases...

If anything Sony needs to give more attention to God of War III.

I think they're doing the right thing. Heavy Rain got plenty of attention (by SCEE at least), and SCEA are busy with MLB 10: The Show right now, on top of God of War.

i think where Microsoft really does outperform Sony is in advertising. Microsoft does these absolute blitz campaigns for games that aren't even exclusives.

Take MW2, the only commercials I saw for that game, here in the US, were of Microsoft pushing that game and there console HARD. those damn commercials were everywhere and they were in your face; you know what they are selling and you know what console to buy it for.

I don't remember Sony pushing any singular game has hard as Microsoft pushes games to sell its console.

Sony has its 'Does Everything' commercial, but its a montage and its vague, and if you didn't know what a PS3 was then this commercial doesn't really connect.

I think Sony needs to be more specific and more aggressive in its marketing if it wants to catch up to Microsoft here in the US.

Fuck... I'm dead!

i keep wondering about advertisement cost vs sales

How many more copies must be sold per million $ of advertising budget ?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’