By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Surprising article from IGN: Wii goes hardcore

Those analogies had me hoping for more.

Dirty red headed step child analogies maybe?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

Okay article, but they left out so much good core stuff that's already released this year. :/

• The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces (XSEED Games)
  • Blaster Master Overdrive (Sunsoft)
  • Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (Capcom)
  • No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle (Ubisoft)
  • Data East Arcade Classics (Majesco)
  • Shiren the Wanderer (Atlus)
  • MegaMan 10 (Capcom)

Well, in the middle of all that, my interest suddenly peaked with And Yet It Moves!

SaviorX said:
guiduc said:
SaviorX said:
All they really had to do, was wait a few months.
Instead, they resorted to bitching and complaining, for the sake of site hits. Wii owners now have more games than they could possibly ever deal with, so the stigma that it no longer has "non-casual" games is a farce.

If you are down for more than First-Person Shooters, the Wii will have almost anything you could want by the end of this year, if not now.

Well said.

They are just trying to excuse themselves for the horrible trolling they did to Nintendo. Just pathetic. You don't spit on someone to hope being his best friend after.

And honestly, the Wii lineup of 2010 is far way more awesome than PS3 or Xbox ones.

I feel the same way. Call me biased if you want, but for most 360 games, I'm interested in them the week of release, but then the appeal of similar titles causes things to blend, and I quickly forget about them.

I still have 5 must-have Wii games I must rob a bank for and several lesser titles I want to try out, all completely separate from each other in terms of genre. After getting a taste of Wiiware from Nintendo's now removed demo service, I got 3 games I have to scrounge money for to get for my brother and these small teams are dropping bombs on the service almost every week. These Wiiware games looked like budget stuff to me before, but now seem provide as much entertainment as full-out retail releases. It's pretty wild stuff.

This IGN apology article is just really lame.

I apologize for my last comment. I was just angry about IGN praising PS3 and Xbox 360 lineup while bashing the Wii that I wanted to take my revenge with that lame article. Forgive me. I just lost my mind reading that pathetic column that made me think of how the Wii has been the critic underdog since 2008. It was kinda depressing sometimes.

Wow this place is awesome, so much well deserved IGN hate.  Those clowns are a disgrace when it comes to the Wii.

Around the Network

I didn't realise the list was that impressive until now; and that only for the first half?
Good year for Nintendo. Sad part is there's so much good stuff out there, and I don't have the cash to pick up all the ones I want.

There is no Knowledge that is not Power

Hm. I need to scrounge up some more cash so I can buy Fragile. It looks awesome, but I may have to wait on it. I'm already buying three games this month as it is. =/

This is like the worst (yet best) month ever.

guiduc said:
SaviorX said:
guiduc said:
SaviorX said:
All they really had to do, was wait a few months.
Instead, they resorted to bitching and complaining, for the sake of site hits. Wii owners now have more games than they could possibly ever deal with, so the stigma that it no longer has "non-casual" games is a farce.

If you are down for more than First-Person Shooters, the Wii will have almost anything you could want by the end of this year, if not now.

Well said.

They are just trying to excuse themselves for the horrible trolling they did to Nintendo. Just pathetic. You don't spit on someone to hope being his best friend after.

And honestly, the Wii lineup of 2010 is far way more awesome than PS3 or Xbox ones.

I feel the same way. Call me biased if you want, but for most 360 games, I'm interested in them the week of release, but then the appeal of similar titles causes things to blend, and I quickly forget about them.

I still have 5 must-have Wii games I must rob a bank for and several lesser titles I want to try out, all completely separate from each other in terms of genre. After getting a taste of Wiiware from Nintendo's now removed demo service, I got 3 games I have to scrounge money for to get for my brother and these small teams are dropping bombs on the service almost every week. These Wiiware games looked like budget stuff to me before, but now seem provide as much entertainment as full-out retail releases. It's pretty wild stuff.

This IGN apology article is just really lame.

I apologize for my last comment. I was just angry about IGN praising PS3 and Xbox 360 lineup while bashing the Wii that I wanted to take my revenge with that lame article. Forgive me. I just lost my mind reading that pathetic column that made me think of how the Wii has been the critic underdog since 2008. It was kinda depressing sometimes.

Critics NEVER mattered.

All that matters is the product & the customer.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Nothing surprising, they still don't acknowledge the new values.