By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RESONANCE OF FATE - The Officail Thread! -

Wagram said:

Based on first impressions. It is the worst tri-ace game i have ever played bar fucking NONE.

I do not like it.

- Good starting cut-scene.
- Bad voice acting
- Shit graphics, especially in the UI interface. The hair is just AWFUL.
- Game doesn't teach you how to play unless you go look for the tutorial which still doesn't help.

- One of the characters look just plain awful.

I will go back to it later, but for now I am really REALLY disappointed.

1. I agree both cutscenes in the beginning are awesome no complaints here

2. complete bullshit, tri-Ace is known for having very animaish voicing polluting there game's. Resonance of Fate os the 1st tri-Ace game that doesnt have this issue and im shocked ive been playing 30 hours and not ONE annoying voice has popped up not one!

3. The graphics are average at best, what you would expect from a multiplat game, but the there actually good and go great with the envoirnment they were goin for..the only complaint is the lack of vibrant color...seeing everything sorta washed out annoys me.

and yes i agree on the hair, it looks like crap especially Zeph! tri-Ace needs to start rendering the each hair or at least more of  what they originaly do and knock the mop hair off.

4. most dumb post ever... what game ever teaches you how to play outside the tutorial!!!!!!!!!  thats what there for to teach you if you ignore them...ur fault, its optional for ppl who dont like sitting through them, if you legitamately take the seriously they will teach every thing you need to know and the let let you practice as much as you want.

5. you full of shit on the music!!! its the best part EVERY area has there own battle and world map music your always listening to something.

Wagram you have not put enough effort into this game and you sound you had issues learning to play.. then you start acting like a pissy baby. i am literraly shocked im seeing this from u of ppl somebody that i see as a guru or at least a junkie of the genre. Darth is actually the person i was xxpecting to here this from not you

Around the Network

@Xxain : how do you find the atmosphere in the game?

Atmosphere is usually the most important aspect of a game for me.

silicon said:
@Xxain : how do you find the atmosphere in the game?

Atmosphere is usually the most important aspect of a game for me.

The atmosphere is serious/moody/depressing

Through chapter 4

Game is alright, I don't see why so many JRPGs are using bounty based systems.

Game feels like other Tri-Ace made games, item creation, the victory sequence, in game battle mechanics

game is difficult and has a steep learning curve and you will die alot;

if your not patient, you will give up on the first real battle. You are going to have to get tri attacks down to a science, direct/scratch damage ratios, right timing on hero actions, resonance points etc etc

Torillian said:
anyone know where I can find a skilled Optician? The little crippled girl apparently needs glasses now, poor kid.

Quick mission guide up to chapter 12:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=959317&topic=53743205

Around the Network
Mirson said:
Torillian said:
anyone know where I can find a skilled Optician? The little crippled girl apparently needs glasses now, poor kid.

Quick mission guide up to chapter 12:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=959317&topic=53743205

fantastic, I already found that one but the link will obviously be useful later.

I hit my head on the boss at the end of chapter 2, still need to learn how to tri-attack and whatnot.

I like the game so far, but I think they should have forced a tutorial battle or two down my throat from the beginning of the game.

Im now gonna write a simplified tutorial on Resonance of fates battle explaining the pros and cons of each choice

Xxain said:
Wagram said:

Based on first impressions. It is the worst tri-ace game i have ever played bar fucking NONE.

I do not like it.

- Good starting cut-scene.
- Bad voice acting
- Shit graphics, especially in the UI interface. The hair is just AWFUL.
- Game doesn't teach you how to play unless you go look for the tutorial which still doesn't help.

- One of the characters look just plain awful.

I will go back to it later, but for now I am really REALLY disappointed.

1. I agree both cutscenes in the beginning are awesome no complaints here

2. complete bullshit, tri-Ace is known for having very animaish voicing polluting there game's. Resonance of Fate os the 1st tri-Ace game that doesnt have this issue and im shocked ive been playing 30 hours and not ONE annoying voice has popped up not one!

3. The graphics are average at best, what you would expect from a multiplat game, but the there actually good and go great with the envoirnment they were goin for..the only complaint is the lack of vibrant color...seeing everything sorta washed out annoys me.

and yes i agree on the hair, it looks like crap especially Zeph! tri-Ace needs to start rendering the each hair or at least more of  what they originaly do and knock the mop hair off.

4. most dumb post ever... what game ever teaches you how to play outside the tutorial!!!!!!!!!  thats what there for to teach you if you ignore them...ur fault, its optional for ppl who dont like sitting through them, if you legitamately take the seriously they will teach every thing you need to know and the let let you practice as much as you want.

5. you full of shit on the music!!! its the best part EVERY area has there own battle and world map music your always listening to something.

Wagram you have not put enough effort into this game and you sound you had issues learning to play.. then you start acting like a pissy baby. i am literraly shocked im seeing this from u of ppl somebody that i see as a guru or at least a junkie of the genre. Darth is actually the person i was xxpecting to here this from not you

Jesus buddy don't hyper ventilate like a little brat because someone doesn't enjoy what you like. I posted my thoughts on it and I dislike it. There is nothing more to it. I'm not bashing it. Not everyone can like the same stuff.

My only complaint for the game is that the tutorial was non-existent. As for the difficulty tri-ace has always said that this game was a turn-based/strategy hybrid.

For me after playing FFXIII (which I thought was a clusterf**k), ROF feels like a breath of fresh, the characters while at first seem like cliched jrpg types, ended up being more likable and humorous than the angsty protagonists of other games.

My opinion this is a good alternative to FFXIII.