By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RESONANCE OF FATE - The Officail Thread! -

poroporo said:
I hit my head on the boss at the end of chapter 2, still need to learn how to tri-attack and whatnot.

I like the game so far, but I think they should have forced a tutorial battle or two down my throat from the beginning of the game.

I agree about the tutorials. For a game that uses a unique battle system, it would've been appropriate if the tutorials were mandatory. It's a good thing I stumbled upon the tutorials on my own. Otherwise, I probably would've hated this game. This game did a lousy job explaining the basic mechanics. I figured out most things on my own: the level up system, activating terminals, gauge break, etc.

Around the Network

You guyz do realize you press start pick the Manual option and it will Xxplain everything you need to know?

Wagram said:
Xxain said:
Wagram said:

Based on first impressions. It is the worst tri-ace game i have ever played bar fucking NONE.

I do not like it.

- Good starting cut-scene.
- Bad voice acting
- Shit graphics, especially in the UI interface. The hair is just AWFUL.
- Game doesn't teach you how to play unless you go look for the tutorial which still doesn't help.

- One of the characters look just plain awful.

I will go back to it later, but for now I am really REALLY disappointed.

1. I agree both cutscenes in the beginning are awesome no complaints here

2. complete bullshit, tri-Ace is known for having very animaish voicing polluting there game's. Resonance of Fate os the 1st tri-Ace game that doesnt have this issue and im shocked ive been playing 30 hours and not ONE annoying voice has popped up not one!

3. The graphics are average at best, what you would expect from a multiplat game, but the there actually good and go great with the envoirnment they were goin for..the only complaint is the lack of vibrant color...seeing everything sorta washed out annoys me.

and yes i agree on the hair, it looks like crap especially Zeph! tri-Ace needs to start rendering the each hair or at least more of  what they originaly do and knock the mop hair off.

4. most dumb post ever... what game ever teaches you how to play outside the tutorial!!!!!!!!!  thats what there for to teach you if you ignore them...ur fault, its optional for ppl who dont like sitting through them, if you legitamately take the seriously they will teach every thing you need to know and the let let you practice as much as you want.

5. you full of shit on the music!!! its the best part EVERY area has there own battle and world map music your always listening to something.

Wagram you have not put enough effort into this game and you sound you had issues learning to play.. then you start acting like a pissy baby. i am literraly shocked im seeing this from u of ppl somebody that i see as a guru or at least a junkie of the genre. Darth is actually the person i was xxpecting to here this from not you

Jesus buddy don't hyper ventilate like a little brat because someone doesn't enjoy what you like. I posted my thoughts on it and I dislike it. There is nothing more to it. I'm not bashing it. Not everyone can like the same stuff.

Your a hypocrite, i did the same thing with FFXIII at first and you fliped out when i started pointing every little detail out, how does it feel huh? to get bitched at for just having an' opinion. pfft.

Anyways on Chapter 2, finally beat that boss, now do need new cloths for Vashy boy. :P

Wagram said:
Xxain said:
Wagram said:

Based on first impressions. It is the worst tri-ace game i have ever played bar fucking NONE.

I do not like it.

- Bad voice acting
- Game doesn't teach you how to play unless you go look for the tutorial which still doesn't help.

2. complete bullshit, tri-Ace is known for having very animaish voicing polluting there game's. Resonance of Fate os the 1st tri-Ace game that doesnt have this issue and im shocked ive been playing 30 hours and not ONE annoying voice has popped up not one!

3. The graphics are average at best, what you would expect from a multiplat game, but the there actually good and go great with the envoirnment they were goin for..the only complaint is the lack of vibrant color...seeing everything sorta washed out annoys me.

and yes i agree on the hair, it looks like crap especially Zeph! tri-Ace needs to start rendering the each hair or at least more of  what they originaly do and knock the mop hair off.

4. most dumb post ever... what game ever teaches you how to play outside the tutorial!!!!!!!!!  thats what there for to teach you if you ignore them...ur fault, its optional for ppl who dont like sitting through them, if you legitamately take the seriously they will teach every thing you need to know and the let let you practice as much as you want.

5. you full of shit on the music!!! its the best part EVERY area has there own battle and world map music your always listening to something.

Wagram you have not put enough effort into this game and you sound you had issues learning to play.. then you start acting like a pissy baby. i am literraly shocked im seeing this from u of ppl somebody that i see as a guru or at least a junkie of the genre. Darth is actually the person i was xxpecting to here this from not you

Jesus buddy don't hyper ventilate like a little brat because someone doesn't enjoy what you like. I posted my thoughts on it and I dislike it. There is nothing more to it. I'm not bashing it. Not everyone can like the same stuff.

welll im actually very calm during this post but some of ur issues are out right ridiculous, you choose to ignore or not take the time to learn the tutorials then blame that game for it?. seriously if you read and go through the tutorials you will be fine. bad voices and music? your crazy its most likely the best sound to come out of a tri-Ace game( its fact on voices)...... hell if based everything off of 2 hours I would be playing FF Xlll considering the game doesnt really kick in to ch4

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Wagram said:
Xxain said:
Wagram said:

I do not like it.

- Bad voice acting

Your a hypocrite, i did the same thing with FFXIII at first and you fliped out when i started pointing every little detail out, how does it feel huh? to get bitched at for just having an' opinion. pfft.

Anyways on Chapter 2, finally beat that boss, now do need new cloths for Vashy boy. :P

how are you only on ch2?

Around the Network

been helping with the moving and stuff at my bro's AND uncles place, really tiring me out, so haven't been playing much. i'll catch up though no worries, hide spoilers please if you guys kindly could though.

Xxain said:
You guyz do realize you press start pick the Manual option and it will Xxplain everything you need to know?

Yeah but the manuals are there if you need a reminder on how something works. Tutorials should've been mandatory, and they should've elaborated a little bit more on some of the mechanics.

@Seraphic, we need to find you a Vash avatar. He's my favorite character in the game....suprisingly. Maybe it's the Nolan North effect.

It sucks spring break is over. Have to work and go to school tomorrow :(

Fantastic battle system, very likeable chars(vash is my fav), ok graphics(but the metal looks fantastic), good voice acting(very good considering tri-ace's track record), music is great too(was suprised to see each area had its own battle and normal theme), and my only real complaint is that the tut was too vague on tri-attacks and terminals. And because of that, I don't use them. :(

I'll probably buy a copy AND an un-sealed copy. Because I can feel that this game will be worth something in 5-10 years.

Prediction:

TGS this year for PS3 will be amazing.

Grandia comes to PSN(PSone classic).

First Versus gameplay this year.

The Adventures Of Duane and Brando

Mirson said:
Xxain said:

Yeah but the manuals are there if you need a reminder on how something works. Tutorials should've been mandatory, and they should've elaborated a little bit more on some of the mechanics.

@Seraphic, we need to find you a Vash avatar. He's my favorite character in the game....suprisingly. Maybe it's the Nolan North effect.

It sucks spring break is over. Have to work and go to school tomorrow :(

but mirsy, I guarantee you, if tri-Ace made the tutorials Mandatory everybody would be bitching! I dont understand how'd you take the time to do the tutorials and still dont understand it... they gave you a visual and hands on!

lol you like vashyron the most Mirson? that is surprising considering the lovely lady of the group was your fave day 1. ha... still... hes MINE!!! >:( uhh... i... yeah...

No good pics of him yet though, so no switch. v.v