By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii 11M or XB360 2M in Japan: Who first?

Wii 11M or XB360 2M in Japan: Who first?

Wii 132 78.11%

XB360 7 4.14%

They'll both be crushed ... 14 8.28%

MS will buy Nintendo. End of race. 6 3.55%

Nintendo will buy MS. End of race. 10 5.92%

Total:169

is this a joke?
look at the numbers! il bet that Wii can hit 12.7million before 360 hits 2 million in japan

Around the Network

your kidding right? i think the wii can do 17 million before Microsoft makes it to 2 million in japan

shouldn't it be Wii vs PS3 in that territory i mean the wii and ps3 are having a close race in japan

The Wii will sell 15 million before the 360 sells 2 million.

lol, 360 may never hit 2 million in Japan, seriously,  even 360 fanboys should accept that

Around the Network

Let's do the math

The X360 needs 720K to hit 2 million. Now let's say the X360 manages to sell 5K every week (I know it usually sells less but I'm going to make this the best case senario so the OP understands what he just asked). So it'll take the X360 144 weeks to sell 2 million consoles in Japan, that really is the best case senario IMO, I highly doubt the X360 will even be selling in Japan within the next 2 years.

Now the Wii needs 850K to sell 11 million. Let's say the Wii averages 35K a week, that means it'll take 25 weeks to get over 11 million. So half a year, the Wii won't even need a Holiday boost. What a silly question.

Gilgamesh said:

Let's do the math

The X360 needs 720K to hit 2 million. Now let's say the X360 manages to sell 5K every week (I know it usually sells less but I'm going to make this the best case senario so the OP understands what he just asked). So it'll take the X360 144 weeks to sell 2 million consoles in Japan, that really is the best case senario IMO, I highly doubt the X360 will even be selling in Japan within the next 2 years.

Now the Wii needs 850K to sell 11 million. Let's say the Wii averages 35K a week, that means it'll take 25 weeks to get over 11 million. So half a year, the Wii won't even need a Holiday boost. What a silly question.

You don't take into account three overwhelming factors in XB360 favour:

1!) Its HUGE 260k initial lead!

2!!) When Natal is released the Japanese will get 5 jobs each to buy bigger houses with bigger living rooms to use it!!

3!!!) (related to 1!) ) Achilles and the Tortoise!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

LOL should've been 15m vs 1.5m lol

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

The 360 won't hit 2 million. Uh-uh, no way, never ever.

Bah!

Wii easily. This a joke thread and everybody knows that.