By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Requesting Game Purchasing Advice

Hi VGChartz. I'm not the biggest member of the community here, but I like this place and the people in it. I recently finished all of the DS games I have and am thinking about getting a few new ones. What I want to ask is if there are any games that give a lot of bang for the buck; either because they have a lot of content or because they are relatively inexpensive. I like JRPGs a lot, but I've been looking into Action games lately, and am curious about this "Phoenix Wright" series everybody keeps talking about.

My existing DS library:New Super Mario Bros, FF3, Super Mario 64, Both Zeldas, The World Ends With You, Henry Hatsworth, Bowsers Inside Story, Pokemon Diamond, Peggle, Chrono Trigger, Advance Wars DS, Scribblenauts, and Kingdom Hearts.

Thanks in advance!

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=36367&page=1

This thread will help you a bundle trust me. Also if you look at my collection ask me if any of the games I have your interested in and I'll help you

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

FF4 is light lears better than 3. Start there, and I would suggest Nostalgia as well, it's not ZOMG Awesome! but it's by the same people that did the FF remakes on the DS and there is potential.

Two words, buddy: DRAGON QUEST

IV, and V have been released stateside, soon to be followed by (hopefully) VI, but definitely IX.

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

TRACE MEMORY (ntsc) / ANOTHER CODE (pal) and HOTEL DUSK!

Sega For Life - Gaming Died When Sega Died ... Sega <3

The nintendo before - ' wii release ' <3
Sega before ' Software Only ' <3

Anti M$ (Therefore anti 360) - im making it official ... Go play your meaningless FPS Games ...

Around the Network

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and Fire Emblem: Dragon Sword could keep you running until the end of the device's lifespan (whenever that may be)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Thanks everybody. I'll add these games to my list and see if my local store has any of them.

Love and tolerate.

I recommend the Castlevania games, and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.

N+. Awesome game, tons of value.
Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. Not even kidding, either.
Both Professor Layton games. Tons and tons of playtime too.
The other Advance Wars DS game, dunno which one you have, but there are 2.
Mario & Luigi Partners in Time. If you like Bowser's Inside Story, this is the game that came before it.
Animal Crossing. Literally endless replay value.
FF IV. It's infinitely better than III.
Kirby Canvas Curse, Squeak Squad, and Superstar Ultra. 3 Awesome Kirby games.
The Castlevania games. Gems.
Hotel Dusk. Seriously, check this one out, it's unique and brilliant.
Mario Kart, best portable racer ever.
Elite Beat Agents. Hilariously addictive and lots of replay.

The Ace Attorney games are no-brainers. You must play them.

... Those are off the top of my head, but there are many more.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Nothing against VGC's DS recommendation thread posted in the first reply, but the following thread is sensational, way more up to date and mentions not only the most popular/obvious ones but also many great, overlooked DS games which are rarely mentioned on VGC (such as Dawn of Discovery/Anno 1701, Soul Bubbles, Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars and others) as well as plenty of upcoming games: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222049 (best recommendation thread I ever saw; but be aware - depending on your connection it may take some minutes to fully load).