By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Requesting Game Purchasing Advice

hotel dusk

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network
Opa-Opa said:
Two words, buddy: DRAGON QUEST

IV, and V have been released stateside, soon to be followed by (hopefully) VI, but definitely IX.

This.  Pretty much, I highly recommend both Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker and Dragon Quest V.  Two of the best games on the DS, easily.  Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is also good.  Pretty much, you can't go wrong with the Dragon Quest label.  The only game that you might want to take a second look on is Dragon Quest IV, and only because of the horrible localization it got outside of Japan (still an amazing game, just REALLY badly translated and tons of edited content).

Some of my other top choices for you would be:

Retro Game Collection, Kirby's Canvas Curse, Kirby Super Star Ultra, WarioWare: Touched!, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! (Import)

After you look into those, give some of these a try:

Kirby Squeak Squad, n+, Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

And of course, there's a ton of good DS games on the way.  With possibly two of the best upcoming; Dragon Quest IX and Lufia Estpolis.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Opa-Opa said:
Two words, buddy: DRAGON QUEST

IV, and V have been released stateside, soon to be followed by (hopefully) VI, but definitely IX.

This.  Pretty much, I highly recommend both Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker and Dragon Quest V.  Two of the best games on the DS, easily.  Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is also good.  Pretty much, you can't go wrong with the Dragon Quest label.  The only game that you might want to take a second look on is Dragon Quest IV, and only because of the horrible localization it got outside of Japan (still an amazing game, just REALLY badly translated and tons of edited content).

Some of my other top choices for you would be:

Retro Game Collection, Kirby's Canvas Curse, Kirby Super Star Ultra, WarioWare: Touched!, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! (Import)

After you look into those, give some of these a try:

Kirby Squeak Squad, n+, Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

And of course, there's a ton of good DS games on the way.  With possibly two of the best upcoming; Dragon Quest IX and Lufia Estpolis.

LAWL! I'm currently playing Dragon Quest IV and at first I thought it was badly translated, but I think they are trying for broken English, like in a Russian or Scottish accent, Hil-freakin-larious!

You should try Wii Music, excellent game in every category of every proportion.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

I'm saying Soul Bubbles again, just because it's classic and probably reet cheap.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network

How about GTA Chinatown wars?

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Picross and Picross 3D (if you're in Europe).

Best puzzle game.

Try Picross first before going 3D, which apparently is much harder.

Phoenix Wright is awesome.

Also, if ur into action games, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow is a must.

Seconding GTA. Well played!

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.