By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DO NOT TURN ON YOUR FAT PS3 - date bug is majorly screwing up systems

nen-suer said:

And here i thought it was Sony's "kill switch"

But i kinda feel left out coze my phat PS3 didn't have any problems :(

yes, its a relief to know the kill switch is working perfectly again and will break the PS3 at a random later date, without being so obvious!

...wait a minute

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
We were all apart of something big. But we didn't lose hope. We never gave up and because of this, we were all brought a little closer together. We grew a little bit today and we are better because of it.

Except for you PS3 Slim owners. You didn't go through shit.

Hey, I was worried for a little bit about turning on my Slim, until I saw posts saying the slims were fine. Then I logged onto PSN and played a PS3 game demo with no problems.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

The Fury said:
drpunk said:

So are there no implications of the affected PS3's thinking that it's the 1st of March when it's the 2nd (i.e. always a day behind the real date)? Which is what was presumably going to happen and appears to be what has happened.

My PS3 this morning after a day of not being on thought it was the 1st of March, or at least it said 01/03 (UK format) on the date bit at the top.

Kasz216 said:

To be fair there are like... 10 times as many sony fans on this site... so it's 10 times the fanboys.

It takes way less effort on the sony fanboys part.

The site is so bereft of 360 fanboys that I somehow got called a 360 fanboy once or twice.

Only a 360 fanboy would say that.

Oh, i've been called a fanboy of all 3 consoles at different points.

360 is just the funniest because i've never owned an Xbox, I got my 360 after my PS3 and Wii and I have every Playstation system and nearly every Nintendo system with the exceptions of Virtual Boy and DS.

The Fury said:
drpunk said:
The Fury said:
drpunk said:

So are there no implications of the affected PS3's thinking that it's the 1st of March when it's the 2nd (i.e. always a day behind the real date)? Which is what was presumably going to happen and appears to be what has happened.

My PS3 this morning after a day of not being on thought it was the 1st of March, or at least it said 01/03 (UK format) on the date bit at the top.

Yeah, seemed the obvious thing that was gonna happen, that if it thought yesterday was 29th of Feb then it would think that today is 1st March.

So it's obviously not "fixed" and I'm just wondering what possible implications there are of it always being a day behind. Hopefully there are none.

Or I can just set the date 1 day forward, the issue was the system's confusion and the 2 days not matching and one not existing, now the days exist so the system just thinks it's yesterday instead of today. I presume me setting the date to today won't do anything but change the date that displays on main screen and as the 29th has now passed as far as the internal clock is concerned, it cannot be go back to it and so no error will be found (I cannot set the calendar date as 29th as it doesn't exist).

Surely there would be the same issue if I manually set the date to 13th April 2013, the dates differ but the internal clock will always be behind. It doesn't harm the console at all, it's just a date.

.... this is confusing.

Damn right it's confusing.

But what stopped trophy games and DLC working? Presumably a link somewhere between system clock date and the time stamp on this stuff.

But the time stamp cannot be taken from the system clock or it shouldn't've had a problem (assuming that say it sees that DLC has date of 2010 but system clock thinks it's 1999/2000 in which case DLC cannot be valid. Dunno. Just guessing here, but is about the only possible cause that I can see).

So, if the time stamp isn't from the system clock, then say you set your PS3 up to the right date (2nd of march). You download some DLC but the system clock thinks it's 1st of March. So will this disable the DLC until the system clock hits 2nd of March?

Just thinking. Dunno.

Even SONY's Kill Switch can't take down the Cell.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Once again, Chrono, Luca, Marle, Frog (Glenn), Ayla, Robo, and Magus (optional) saved the world from the Day of Lavos (1999).

Thank you, brave heroes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1qbVI9iTBU

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

CrazyHorse said:
zuvuyeay said:
For a few hours on 1st march 2010

PS3 gamers went outside,picked up a book or even talked to a girl

it didn't last long,it was fixed before midnight

Lol

Ironically, most of us probably spent more time in front of a computer screen than usual following this problem all day!

haha,true crazy,

it didn't change anything for most of us,still looking at screens of some sort,lol

Above & Beyond

Thankfully there was no panic.

Kasz216 said:
kowenicki said:
Skeeuk said:
lol at certain fanboys who wanted this to fail, how miserable they are, i feel sorry for them.

I think you are out of order there... totally uncalled for.

The 360 community in here did not jump on this at all... and fair play to them for that.

Unlike the news story on the front page about this being sorted.. which is full of RROD references from sony fans... again totally uncalled for.

To be fair there are like... 10 times as many sony fans on this site... so it's 10 times the fanboys.

It takes way less effort on the sony fanboys part.

The site is so bereft of 360 fanboys that I somehow got called a 360 fanboy once or twice.

That maybe right that theres more Sony fan. But strangely, theres way more trolling on the Sony forum even so. Not in this case tho, I dont remember reading anyone hoping it wouldnt get fix on here.

Have to disagree on the "way more trolling on the sony forum" comment.
You should go read the 360 threads. Start with anyone that has Natal in the title.