By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DO NOT TURN ON YOUR FAT PS3 - date bug is majorly screwing up systems

Ok, my PS3 60 GB is working again like someone else. But was I the only one with a date of 4/29/2020 when starting my PS3. It was 12/31/1999 yesterday (like everyone else) I manually changed it to the right date. And then started my PS3 tonight and it was 4/29/2020. lol I think the internal clock might be confuse...

Around the Network
Icyedge said:
Ok, my PS3 60 GB is working again like someone else. But was I the only one with a date of 4/29/2020 when starting my PS3. It was 12/31/1999 yesterday (like everyone else) I manually changed it to the right date. And then started my PS3 tonight and it was 4/29/2020. lol I think the internal clock might be confuse...

No, your system just timetraveled to report to Cyberdyne in the future, then came back...

Remember, it does everything

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Update: I did a quick search on google with ps3 4/29/2020, and I did find lot of peoples whos their clock was reverted back to that date. Its funny, first it goes 10 years back, and then 10 years + 2 months in the future. I think the internal clock problem isnt fixed at all, but since 4/29/2020 is a working date for the DRM everything is working well even so. What do you think guys?

Icyedge said:

Update: I did a quick search on google with ps3 4/29/2020, and I did find lot of peoples whos their clock was reverted back to that date. Its funny, first it goes 10 years back, and then 10 years + 2 months in the future. I think the internal clock problem isnt fixed at all, but since 4/29/2020 is a working date for the DRM everything is working well even so. What do you think guys?

I think that's what Skynet wants you to think...

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Yeah I got 2020 as well when I started it up and figured it was still broken. Was pleasently surprised to successfully log in.
When it initially crashed I got the 01/01/2000 date. I have a pal 80GB Phat PS3, purchased in February 2009.

Around the Network
Branko2166 said:
Yeah I got 2020 as well when I started it up and figured it was still broken. Was pleasently surprised to successfully log in.
When it initially crashed I got the 01/01/2000 date. I have a pal 80GB Phat PS3, purchased in February 2009.

I guess the internal clock is still broken, now it probably thinks were in 2020.  But that doesnt cause any problems for our license since its in the future on a working date. Why did it step there tho? 10 years + 2 months lol.

Wow people overreacted way to much, never knew the PS3 had this much of an impact on the world. 

Gilgamesh said:

Wow people overreacted way to much, never knew the PS3 had this much of an impact on the world. 

Whats happening man? is it in the news?

If there's no firmware update within the next 24 hours, I wonder what the date will be tomorrow. Shall we take bets?

Also, I thought it was funny that the warning was essentially "Don't use your PS3 or you won't be able to use your PS3!"

Icyedge said:
Gilgamesh said:

Whats happening man? is it in the news?

It's on Google news, first time I seen a PS3 article since the Slim. By the way people were sounding it seemed like it really was the apocalypse just because they couldn't use there PS3's for 24 hours lol