By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DO NOT TURN ON YOUR FAT PS3 - date bug is majorly screwing up systems

d21lewis said:
We were all apart of something big. But we didn't lose hope. We never gave up and because of this, we were all brought a little closer together. We grew a little bit today and we are better because of it.

Except for you PS3 Slim owners. You didn't go through shit.

LMAO. This was hilarious.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
We were all apart of something big. But we didn't lose hope. We never gave up and because of this, we were all brought a little closer together. We grew a little bit today and we are better because of it.

Except for you PS3 Slim owners. You didn't go through shit.

lololol

So is it fixed yet, can I finally go back on my PS3? D:

jbrist said:

yupper's, remember if you want to sync for trophies put the game in and when it boot's up exit and sync for trophies

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

So it's officially over?

Yes

24 hours after the Internet went crazy, the error has been fixed without a patch

After 24 hours in which everything happened, from funny GIFs, to Pachter comments, all about the now infamous Error 8001050F, Phat PS3 users are reporting that they now can log to PSN, and play games fine. There have been no reports of lost Trophies data, so it's now safe to turn on your PS3.

The error, caused due to an incorrect configuration that took 2010 as a leap year, has been fixed by simply letting the day pass. Now that the PS3 doesn't think anymore it's February 29, it can finally show a proper date, and functionality is back to normal without the need of any update.

While we still expect Sony to release a firmware update to fix the problem, plus they have some serious explanaining to do, but at least they have till 2014 to prevent this from happening again

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

here is the answer's to what had happened. and why:

Q. What caused this? Why?
A. The incorrect internal calendar date and time conflicting with the lack of such date built into the XMB™ (XrossMediaBar).

Q. Was this a firmware or hardware issue?
A. Both.

Q. Why were only older fat PS3s affected and not PS3 Slims?
A. Newer hardware with different firmware.

Q. If the issue was indeed related to the system time, why did it not also affect PS3 Slim?
A. See above.

Q. Was something changed in the system timer when they converted hardware from fat to Slim?
A. Yes. Many hardware components were changed or updated.

Q. If that was the case, did they know about this potential bug beforehand (since they "fixed" it for the Slim)?
A. No. The problem simply got overlooked.

Q. Or was it just blind coincidence that other hardware random changes made to the Slim allowed it to avoid this calamity?
A. Was just a simple error that got overlooked.

Q. Why was it able to "fix" itself with the passage of time?
A. When the internal clock hit 12:00:00 GMT February 29th, 2010, it conflicted with the XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) which does not see it as a valid date. After 24 hours, the internal clocked rolled over to March 1st, 2010, a valid date thus returning the PS3™ system back to normal operating functionality.

I AM BOLO

ps:

Dgc1808 said:
I was able to sign in!!!
FUCK YEAH, BITCHES!!!!!!

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/fuck-yea