By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid: Other M opening cinematic leaked

I feel so bad for the baby each time I hear it.

Around the Network

If there's more epic scenes and storytelling like this the gaming media will have no choice but to like it. Making Samus look like a piece of meat helps too.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Omg, really, when I first heard saw this game I thought it looked plastic and really weird, and I cursed Nintendo for making me feel like that about a Metroid game.

But after all the new pics, the new trailer and now the opening cinematic, I can't stop my hype-o-meter from skyrocketing.

Let's make out!

I'm really tempted to watch it, but I won''t. Ill just wait until June 27th like how its meant to be done :P

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

This game is going to be awesome!!!!

Around the Network

when nintendo said they were going for a more mature theme....were they referring to samus's physique?

Not gonna watch. This video was not meant to be uploaded to the Internet, but someone broke Nintendo's rule.

This is just going to make Nintendo even more secretive.

It looks great I'm not quite sure about the voices though or maybe its just the script?

amp316 said:
If there's more epic scenes and storytelling like this the gaming media will have no choice but to like it. Making Samus look like a piece of meat helps too.

There's going to be no problem getting the media to like this game.  If there's one thing gaming 'media' likes even more than Mario or Zelda, its Metroid.  The problem is, getting avg people, especially in Japan and Europe, to like the game.  Metroid games primarily sell 75-80% of its sales in America.  And still only them around 1.25-1.5 million.

Hopefully with this title, they can break out to a much wider audience, while still hitting the 'core' gamer.  Despite the fact that all other Wii games that have done over 2 million have been games like Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros Brawl (games for 'everyone').

I'm putting all my faith on it thoughl.  It really looks like they're trying to reawaken the series, much like they're doing with Mario and Zelda on Wii.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

KylieDog said:
I like Bacon said:

Not gonna watch. This video was not meant to be uploaded to the Internet, but someone broke Nintendo's rule.

This is just going to make Nintendo even more secretive.

I fail to see the threat.  Nintendo are about as secretive as can be already.

I agree with kyliedog. What are they gonna do, announce games a week before? 

I just saw that reggie wil appear on gametrailers. He might be bringing some gameplayvids of Other M, and Galaxy 2. At least i hope so.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.