By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Tretton: Heavy Rain will sell “incredibly well”

Booked an early finish to get this today. Gamestation had 1 copy left and it was a preorder. Went to GAME and 2 people had it waiting in the queue and 1 guy was getting a heavy rain, pro evo10 slim bundle. Granted its only Bolton but I wasnt expecting it. Just waiting for my kettle to boil then I'm gonna give it a go. Two friends have been winding me up while I was grafting this morn because they had it, ba*****s lol

Ynwa.

Around the Network

Based on VGChartz 300k FW thoughts then I would consider that a damn success for this game. Deserves alot more. So much better than playing the same genre over and over.

Looking at you FPS!

SCEA president Jack Tretton has said he expects Quantic Dream’s Heavy Rain to sell “incredibly well”.

Futhermore if you can find a copy on a shelf anywhere in the world he will give you 1500 bucks for it !

And thats a JT Promise !

I think it will sell very well indeed.

Over 1mil would be good in my books.

Just because it doesn't appeal to kids doesn't mean it won't do well, theres a huge buzz about this round my way from anyone whose got a PS3. The only people that don't seem interested in it are the Xbox fanbois who haven't played the demo or haven't looked into it.

It's something fresh and new, something gamers have needed for a long time. I haven't seen anything truly "different" since the PS1 really and heavy rain hits that spot once again. It might not be the best game ever, it may be flawed, but its still new and different and that excites a lot of people.

I think you'll find it does better in "others" than in America, but it will do well.

-Insert PSN Portable ID here-

-Insert XBL Portable ID here-

-Insert Witty Quote/Comment here-

Tretton is the Origami Killer.

Around the Network

"Futhermore if you can find a copy on a shelf anywhere in the world he will give you 1500 bucks for it !"

LOL. I never got my money for finding a PS3...

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

kowenicki said:
nen-suer said:
kowenicki said:
Its an adventure game Jack.

"its rare that you see a game that sells incredibly well and that impresses you" - no it isnt, what is he on about?

Yes its.

Certain type of games have certain sales expectations, and when a game sells well over that expectations

that's rare & impressive

well thats not what he said.

lol - I know.  I think it's what he meant to say, though.  I kind of like Tretton because he seems to have these odd speech patterns where he drops words from sentances, which I just find strangely amusing.  He always seems to drop the single, vital word that would actually make his sentances make sense.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Delusional said:
"Futhermore if you can find a copy on a shelf anywhere in the world he will give you 1500 bucks for it !"

LOL. I never got my money for finding a PS3...

Neither did I.

And I found about 10 dusty ones back in the time. I would have a nice car already if Sony guys would speak seriously :C

I think that Tretton is going to be very wrong in his estimate but justify himself by saying whatever figures HR achieves is a success in his eyes. If he was feeling that confident then he could have quantified the success with an actual figure, this way its more useless PR with nothing to discuss.

Jack Tretton is slowly becoming an idiot. I used to respect him, especially in his understanding of what developers working with Sony have to say. Cage never said a thing about this game selling incredibly well.  Heavy Rain is a niche title, that isn't a true game. It is an interactive movie with quicktime choices. The mini-game aspect is during fights and that mini-game only spells out how much damage your character will take.