By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Tretton: Heavy Rain will sell “incredibly well”

letsdance said:

No. I'm saying you are completely spinging, twisting, and bending this to fit your arguement.

Please don't project.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
Demotruk said:
CGI-Quality said:
Demotruk said:
letsdance said:
Wow my head is dizzy from all your spin. LOL PS3 + 360 to make yourself feel better. wow.

Only one of those needed to be combined to compare..... Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2 both launched higher on a single platform.

You're proving his point if anything. Both had critically acclaimed predecessors and both predecessors went on to sell well. Games don't usually receives sales like 500,000 unless it is in a holiday, it's a sequel to a proven franchise or, as in HEAVY RAIN's case they turn into a sleeper hit (Batman: Arkham Asylum).

Did Tretton say anything about that, though? I'm not saying Heavy Rain's sales aren't remarkable, it's just people acting like Tretton was totally right and everyone who doubted him should be eating crow, can only back it up by pretending that Tretton said something different to what he said.

No. You did. You are the one saying its common for games to open with 500k. When in reality... it isn't. You can't compare sequels opening to a new IP. There is no logic behind it.

I said it happens every few weeks. It's certainly not rare. Did it or did it not happen multiple times in the last few weeks?

And you are the only one who's said anything about a new IP. Tretton certainly didn't, nor did he say anything like "for X kind of game". Hence why people thought the comment was dumb.

It hasn't at all considering you are comparing apples to oranges. To determine if these sales are "incredibly well" or if Jack was wrong we must compare the sales of the launch to its closests rival... which Bioshock is not. And you doing so is just a huge spin

I wonder if sales might actually go up next week.

Around the Network

Wow. Maybe Tretton should go for an analyst job? He's doing it much better than Pachter.

letsdance said:
It hasn't at all considering you are comparing apples to oranges. To determine if these sales are "incredibly well" or if Jack was wrong we must compare the sales of the launch to its closests rival... which Bioshock is not. And you doing so is just a huge spin

You are a complete hypocrite. You are the one who is desperately spinning things. When did Tretton say anything about the kind of game it is or what it's fair to compare to? All he said was that it's rare for a game to get sales like these. Which is false. If he said that it's rare for a game of X type, new IP etc., then he would be right, but he didn't.

Demotruk, I don't think you have an understanding of how things work. So instead of arguing with a wall and continue this nonsense just know this. You are wrong. Go read reasonables post for more information if you want to educate yourself.

but isn't it rare? I thought we only got like one game per month which does these kinds of numbers.

theprof00 said:
but isn't it rare? I thought we only got like one game per month which does these kinds of numbers.

Well, it's a relative term, but considering how often you get a big release, I don't think that can be considered rare.