By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Tretton: Heavy Rain will sell “incredibly well”

Demotruk said:
theprof00 said:
but isn't it rare? I thought we only got like one game per month which does these kinds of numbers.

Well, it's a relative term, but considering how often you get a big release, I don't think that can be considered rare.

well, I think each system has only had, on average 8 games sell 500k first week. but I could be wrong.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
well, I think each system has only had, on average 8 games sell 500k first week. but I could be wrong.

Hmm, maybe the PS3 has that few, but I think the 360 certainly has much more than that, and the Wii would also have more.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:
theprof00 said:

Hmm, maybe the PS3 has that few, but I think the 360 certainly has much more than that, and the Wii would also have more.

..as an average. I briefly surmised that 360 had 12, ps3 had 6 and wii had 6. But even at double that number, that's still about only 1 per month. I don't know if that qualifies as rare though especially as how 500k is kind of an arbitrary number.

Once a month is pretty much the amount I said myself..

Well, I just took a quick look through and the Wii definitely has at least 10, probably more. I'd guess the 360 has much more big starters than the Wii.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

man alot of you guys have yet again been proven wrong!

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Jack Tretton is slowly becoming an idiot. I used to respect him, especially in his understanding of what developers working with Sony have to say. Cage never said a thing about this game selling incredibly well.  Heavy Rain is a niche title, that isn't a true game. It is an interactive movie with quicktime choices. The mini-game aspect is during fights and that mini-game only spells out how much damage your character will take.

Might want to rethink just who really is slowly becoming an idiot.