By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - What is your main gaming system?

What is your main gaming system?

PS3 207 50.49%

Xbox 360 66 16.10%

Wii 75 18.29%

Nintendo DS 14 3.41%

PSP 3 0.73%

PC 45 10.98%

Total:410

PC >> DS > Wii > 360 > PSP > PS2 > GC > PS1

(the last 3 are backlog games.... bought and didn't play yet... though besides persona 4 I have no more purchases to make on last gen and only xenogears on PS1 gen).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
My main gaming system is whatever system I am playing a game on at that time
. For instance, just this weekend, I went back and replayed Zelda 2: Adventure of Link and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (an NES and SNES game respectively). But often times, I can be found playing games on the DS, Wii or PC off and on. Or again, even older systems. Its just dependent on the game.

Actually, this is the right answer.  Every console gets the spotlight at some time or another.

Wii then PS3

d21lewis said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
. For instance, just this weekend, I went back and replayed Zelda 2: Adventure of Link and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (an NES and SNES game respectively). But often times, I can be found playing games on the DS, Wii or PC off and on. Or again, even older systems. Its just dependent on the game.

Actually, this is the right answer.  Every console gets the spotlight at some time or another.

Well, that doesn't really translate to 'main' platform

d21lewis said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:

sure, but I can find twice as many games on Wii that I want than on PS3. Just because you play every system doesn't mean every system has an equal number of games that you enjoy.

For example, this year there is Galaxy 2, Zelda Wii, Other M, Xenoblade, and Sin & Punishment 2 all for Wii (according to investor relations meeting). I haven't even gone into 3rd party games and I have a list of 5 games I want for Wii.

Now, for PS3 this year there is 3D Dot Game Heroes and Red Dead Redemption. The other 2 games that I'm interested in that release in 2010 will probably fall off my wishlist. I have a bunch of games from 09 that I want (Assassin's Creed II for example), and I'm sure I'll find a few more in 2010, but the PS3 doesn't have as many of the type of games I really like.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

I tend to play my ps3 more,but my 360 get's the spotlight on their exclusives. I pre-ordered splinter cell convinction and plan on buying halo odst and halo reach.

Honestly, my DS gets more playtime than any of the contemporary home consoles (I play a shit-ton of NES/SNES/Gensis/DREAMCAST).
So I guess you could call it my "primary" console, though I enjoy playing the Wii when a quality title is out.
I play 360 at my brother's house, and it's a very good multiplatform, multiplayer console, especially for FPSs.
But still, in summation, the DS gets it. I love RPGs, and that's that.

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

We need more 360 fans on here. I know i couldn't convince my friends to post on a forum. lol.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

PS3 because I enjoy the games more and so does my gf and friends. I use my Wii mainly for when i have a party.

hmmm which one should i pick? the Wii or DS? they both get my playtime, ill pick the wii because i have more games on it and obviously im a die hard nintendo fan and i own every system they shat out lol