By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will 360 start to outsell PS3 WW in 2010?

When will 360 start to outsell PS3 WW in 2010?

It won't, PS3 will conti... 529 59.24%

First Quarter (Jan-March) 24 2.69%

Second Quarter (Apr-June) 108 12.09%

Third Quarter (July-Sept) 147 16.46%

Fourth Quarter (Oct-Dec) 84 9.41%

Total:892
psrock said:
slowmo said:
psrock said:
themanwithnoname said:
psrock said:
themanwithnoname said:
psrock said:
The biggest issue with MS is Japan.

Yes 360 will outsell the PS3 in Q4 in NA, but a small margin
yes the PS3 will outsell the 360 in OTHERS by a small margin

The PS3 will destroy the 360 in JAPAN
THE 360 will beat up on ps3 IN UK

Now, someone explain me how 360 will beat the PS3?

I guess price cuts don't exist in your world? Apparently, you don't even compensate for the fact Natal might be successful either.

Oh, and all these list wars are meaningless right now, not everything is announced yet, and Natal is launching with 10+ games or so, no telling how many of those are exclusive.

MS price = Sony Price cut

Natal = Arc

A) So Sony would cut the price the exact week Microsoft did, if they even did cut price? Yeah right.

B) Natal does not equal Arc. It's launch will be a much bigger event and has a better chance of selling Xbox 360's.

Please stop acting like the Xbox 360 has no chance of outselling the PS3 at any point this year. It couldn't be further from the truth.

The 360 could outsell the PS3 next week, my point is later this year people act like the PS3 wont be able to compete.

There is no way Sony will price cut again this year and I'll bet with you on that point psrock if you like.  How long do you think Sony can maintain making zero profit on the PS3 for exactly?  I'm sure we'll see a SKU shift by Sony this year and some heavy bundling but they will not price cut and ultimately that is what creates long term momentum swings.

When Microsoft cut the price and push big this year then Sony will just weather the storm as best they can.  It doesn't mean they'll be blown away though as even this year the PS3 didn't really decimate the 360 as much as everyone expected/hoped.  It depends on what you definition of compete is, I happen to think given the price point last year the 360 competed very well over the holidays against the PS3 "slim" and price cut, there is every chance Sony can do the same this year.

I say the PS3 WILL BE $250 in 2010, bet

Sounds a good bet to me, name your price sir.  vg$250 or 500 seem fair.  I would do a sig bet but already got one ongoing.

Around the Network
slowmo said:
psrock said:
slowmo said:
psrock said:
themanwithnoname said:
psrock said:
themanwithnoname said:
psrock said:

Natal = Arc

A) So Sony would cut the price the exact week Microsoft did, if they even did cut price? Yeah right.

B) Natal does not equal Arc. It's launch will be a much bigger event and has a better chance of selling Xbox 360's.

Please stop acting like the Xbox 360 has no chance of outselling the PS3 at any point this year. It couldn't be further from the truth.

The 360 could outsell the PS3 next week, my point is later this year people act like the PS3 wont be able to compete.

Sounds a good bet to me, name your price sir.  vg$250 or 500 seem fair.  I would do a sig bet but already got one ongoing.

500 $VG is fine with me.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

A lot of people here seem to be forgetting that Sony is having supplying problems, so their exclusives won't be able to generate console sales(IE: GoWIII, since that's coming out soon).  Not to mention M$'s huge investment in Natal and all of the media people will most likely be seeing and a possible(and likely) price cut on 360 models.  I believe M$ is also releasing a new xbox 360 when Natal launches, integrating the natal unit into the 360 itself so it will probably go like this.

Xbox 360 Arcade - $149
Xbox 360N Arcade $199

Xbox 360 Elite - $250

Xbox 360N Elite - $299

Don't forget that the 360 can still pull out a "360 slim" as well, so I highly doubt the ps3 will outsell the 360 consistently, especially because of the shortage.  It's a bad time to want a PS3..heh

probably wont for a while, 360 isnt even outselling it now with mega shortages in europe and america. once the shortages are sorted, the ps3 will start opeing up a big gap again.

I guessed Q3. The first HD GOW and FF will move enough to put PS3 comfortably ahead in
the near future. Wake should give MS a few weeks in May but I doubt 360 will take three
weeks in a row before August and not by much. I don't expect MS to cut prices until after
the Natal experiment and again not by much. $25-$30? Bundles and short-term promos
like Walmart's can move consoles but leave the bottom line black.

Going to be a great year for SW though. PS3's numbers could be way up yet farther below
360. Nintendo will hit 1T mid-summer. Monstrous! Interesting times.

Around the Network

If GT5 comes out sept/oct 2010

never!

psrock said:
slowmo said:
psrock said:
slowmo said:
psrock said:
themanwithnoname said:
psrock said:
themanwithnoname said:
psrock said:

Natal = Arc

500 $VG is fine with me.

We can bet VG$ now???

ps3 is sold out in UK too? that could be the reason why the europeens numbers are very low... shortage in UK, netherlands, france in many stores... And Italy, sapin, belgium, germany? somebody in these countries can tell us??

Never! Sony HD Console domination has begun....or when Natal comes out.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Lurker said:
PS3 will stay ahead as long as 360 is dead in Japan or until 360 gets another price cut.

This is what I think, but I also think that an aggressive bundle in Others would hep as well.  MS has the US on lock and they'll never have Japan on lock.  The fight is in others but they aren't really trying as hard as they should.  The weekly gap between the systems isn't as big as it used to be, but MS is doing nothing to combat the fact that Sony offers a much more compelling product out of the box at the same price.

I think they should go back to bundling a couple of games that people actually want rather than two games that nobody would ever consider buying or playing.  Maybe Halo 3 and Fable 2 again or ODST (once Reach comes out) and Fable 2.  The sales life for those titles is pretty much done but they're still games that would be seen as a good value if they came in the box.  If they were too cheap to put actual discs in the box, have them pre-installed to the HDD.

They need to do something over there.  That's where the real battleground is for them and it seems like they aren't even trying.