By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will 360 start to outsell PS3 WW in 2010?

When will 360 start to outsell PS3 WW in 2010?

It won't, PS3 will conti... 529 59.24%

First Quarter (Jan-March) 24 2.69%

Second Quarter (Apr-June) 108 12.09%

Third Quarter (July-Sept) 147 16.46%

Fourth Quarter (Oct-Dec) 84 9.41%

Total:892
CommonMan said:
Sephiroth357 said:
I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT 159 PEOPLE WILL BE WRONG IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

Update: 194 people will be wrong.

Up to 215.

Around the Network

Really, Hyruken.

Your list, even by those ridiculous restrictions is still incorrect.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Really, Hyruken.

Apparently in his world, Yakuza 3 isn't coming out in NA/EU in two weeks.  In his world, GT5 wasn't confirmed for March 29th 2010 in Japan (Summer 2010 for the West) and then delayed to Fall 2010 for all regions.  Nor was Twisted Metal targeted for a Fall release by David Jaffe himself at the DICE awards.

I could go on...

makingmusic476 said:
outlawauron said:
Really, Hyruken.

Apparently in his world, Yakuza 3 isn't coming out in NA/EU in two weeks.  In his world, GT5 wasn't confirmed for March 29th 2010 in Japan (Summer 2010 for the West) and then delayed to Fall 2010 for all regions.  Nor was Twisted Metal targeted for a Fall release by David Jaffe himself at the DICE awards.

I could go on...

Or that the Last Rebellion is releasing tomorrow.

Or that NIS said Atelier Rorona is for the Summer.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

AngelosL said:
It won't,because Ps3s exclusives are way better imo,and also Blu-Ray is starting to dominate the market.

Wrong on the bolded, you're entitled to your opinion in the first part though.

I never realised just how much of this site were deluded enough to have a preference for a console overide common sense when it comes to a sales prediction.  There really is no doubt the 360 will outsell the PS3 at LEAST one week this year.  That being said even if it happens during the holiday period we will no doubt hear how the PS3 is suffering shortages.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
outlawauron said:
Really, Hyruken.

I could go on...

Maybe you guys should read a little before you get worked up?

If you read what i said i said GAMES THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN RELEASED.

Has Yakuza 3 not already been released in Japan?

In my world GT5 hasen't been confirmed for march 29th 2010 because CEO James Armstrong said only a week or so ago

""We believe that launching the product this fall, before Christmas, but not yet decided"

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=233358

Which again if you read what i said i said GAMES THAT DON'T HAVE A CLEAR RELEASE DATE.

Again with the Twisted Metal thing....Show me a release date and i will add it to the list. Seeing as the last one got canceled and very little if anything is known about this one i think it is better off the list, because right now we have seen nothing, zilch, nada about it. Which in my world has slippage written all over it.

So think before you guys start getting your knickers in a twist. Last rebellion is already out in Japan as has Atelier Rorona....Read guys, read!

My list is about games that are coming out this year, have not been released anywhere else.

psrock said:
The biggest issue with MS is Japan.

Yes 360 will outsell the PS3 in Q4 in NA, but a small margin
yes the PS3 will outsell the 360 in OTHERS by a small margin

The PS3 will destroy the 360 in JAPAN
THE 360 will beat up on ps3 IN UK

Now, someone explain me how 360 will beat the PS3?

I guess price cuts don't exist in your world? Apparently, you don't even compensate for the fact Natal might be successful either.

Oh, and all these list wars are meaningless right now, not everything is announced yet, and Natal is launching with 10+ games or so, no telling how many of those are exclusive.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
psrock said:
The biggest issue with MS is Japan.

Yes 360 will outsell the PS3 in Q4 in NA, but a small margin
yes the PS3 will outsell the 360 in OTHERS by a small margin

The PS3 will destroy the 360 in JAPAN
THE 360 will beat up on ps3 IN UK

Now, someone explain me how 360 will beat the PS3?

I guess price cuts don't exist in your world? Apparently, you don't even compensate for the fact Natal might be successful either.

Oh, and all these list wars are meaningless right now, not everything is announced yet, and Natal is launching with 10+ games or so, no telling how many of those are exclusive.

MS price = Sony Price cut

Natal = Arc

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Theres alot of really short sighted people in this thread. If all of you really believe that there won't be periods of time this year where the 360 outsells PS3 consistantly for at least several weeks then.....well i don't know what to say. Alot of you guys obviously have paid ZERO attention to this gen or are blatently allowing biasness in your posts. We've seen this pattern over and over again this gen, Sony and MS keep swapping places and its gonna happen again.

BenVTrigger said:
Theres alot of really short sighted people in this thread. If all of you really believe that there won't be periods of time this year where the 360 outsells PS3 consistantly for at least several weeks then.....well i don't know what to say. Alot of you guys obviously have paid ZERO attention to this gen or are blatently allowing biasness in your posts. We've seen this pattern over and over again this gen, Sony and MS keep swapping places and its gonna happen again.

I think it is an interesting poll because it shows a bit about the community on Vgchartz.

If you put the same poll on say Gaf it would not be anywhere near the same.

Which i think shows how biased this board is at times :)