By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PS2 will remain the best selling console of all time by the end of this gen

pezus said:
phenom08 said:
pezus said:
DieAppleDie said:
i dont know anybody that owns a blu ray

You don't know anyone that owns a PS3? Wtf

@phenom and others: I see no problem with comparing PS2 to DS. Just makes PS2 seem even more impressive, considering it is and will be for a long time #1 of all consoles.

No it doesn't, it makes the PS2 look like it sold like crap lol. What the PS2 did in 12 years is what the DS did in like 7 years. On top of that Ninty doesn't even have it released in as many countries making the PS2 look like even more of a bad seller. What exactly looks more impressive about the PS2 when compared to the DS?

Lol, excuses. Wii did in 3 years what PS2 did in a much longer time. Does that matter in the end? No, it does not. Let's stick to the topic at hand, that is that PS2 will remain the king.

You mad at me for calling you out on that statement you made lol? You said the DS makes the PS2 look more impressive and I called you on it. Anyways the PS2 won't be king anymore if the DS passes it, which does have a chance of happening, we'll find out soon enough ofcourse. I don't really care regardless lol, its like a fan always saying how their favorite team won the championship 5 seasons ago lol.

Around the Network
pezus said:
phenom08 said:

You mad at me for calling you out on that statement you made lol? You said the DS makes the PS2 look more impressive and I called you on it. Anyways the PS2 won't be king anymore if the DS passes it, which does have a chance of happening, we'll find out soon enough ofcourse. I don't really care regardless lol, its like a fan always saying how their favorite team won the championship 5 seasons ago lol.

The chance is basically 10% or so at this point, so keep digging my boy! I am so, so mad at you, phenom. You wouldn't believe it. 

More like 90%. I can tell.

pezus said:
phenom08 said:

Yea accept it never became popular lol. How am I dead lol.

I'm beginning to think you might be a particular Nintendo fan's alt. It DID become popular. 

Please enlighten me on who's alt do you think I am. Make sure it isn't a user I was here before.

pezus said:
phenom08 said:
pezus said:
phenom08 said:

I'm beginning to think you might be a particular Nintendo fan's alt. It DID become popular. 

Please enlighten me on who's alt do you think I am. Make sure it isn't a user I was here before.

On second thought I don't really think you are his alt. So you'll never know!

Realized I was here before both of you?

pezus said:
phenom08 said:
pezus said:
phenom08 said:

The chance is basically 10% or so at this point, so keep digging my boy! I am so, so mad at you, phenom. You wouldn't believe it. 

More like 90%. I can tell.

Oh, yeah?

Yep it's looking likely to pass it, but of course Ninty would rather see the 3DS repeat the DS success and not lose half it's userbase.

Around the Network

DS is only 1.6 million units behind, and they stopped shipping PS2's.

DS probably won't surpass PS2 by the end of 2012, but it should pass at some point in 2013. Sony hasn't shipped very many PS2's this year, and it's only selling about 1,000-3,000 units a week. That's only going to last until inventory clears, which is 154.4 million according to Sony.

The DS is selling 40,000 a week, and is looking to finish the year at 2.5-3 million. So the DS only needs 1 million sales for 2013 to top PS2, and even if it doesn't do it in 2013, it will do it by 2014.

Also 3DS is tracking significantly above the DS, so 3DS could top both the PS2 and the DS.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Boutros said:
Consoles and handhelds should never ever be considered at the same level.

And I agree, the next Nintendo console will prevent the Wii to sell more than the PS2.

Actually Wii sales have been crashing for a while. It's not the Wii U which is limiting the Wii, but the lack of software support. Wii outpaced the PS2 for i think 5 years straight and now sales are crumbling, where PS2 managed to hold a slow decline from 13 million to 8 million in it's later years.

If Nintendo gets some good third party support for the Wii U, I could see Wii U topping PS2 and being the first home console to top PS2.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Metallicube said:
Sure, PS2 will remain the highest selling console, if you don't count the DS as a console :P

Anyway, I never expected Wii to pull off PS2 like numbers. Hell I was pleasantly surprised when it even passed NES's numbers. What I didn't expect however was for its sales to drop off so quickly and drastically. Though I guess with virtually no real third party support it does make sense in retrospect. Oh well, it'll still crack that illusive 100 million mark at least, and most likely pass the Playstation 1, which is quite an accomplishment in itself.

orly?  :P

just playing btw.  anywho, fun read.  i'll exit now though as it seems many posts are getting bans.  xD

pezus said:
Michael-5 said:

DS is only 1.6 million units behind, and they stopped shipping PS2's.

DS probably won't surpass PS2 by the end of 2012, but it should pass at some point in 2013. Sony hasn't shipped very many PS2's this year, and it's only selling about 1,000-3,000 units a week. That's only going to last until inventory clears, which is 154.4 million according to Sony.

The DS is selling 40,000 a week, and is looking to finish the year at 2.5-3 million. So the DS only needs 1 million sales for 2013 to top PS2, and even if it doesn't do it in 2013, it will do it by 2014.

Also 3DS is tracking significantly above the DS, so 3DS could top both the PS2 and the DS.

Sony shipped 800k-1m PS2s just last quarter though. That's almost twice the amount Nintendo shipped of DS. That's way more than 1k-3k a week as well. Sony predicted 3m for the whole year, Nintendo 2.5m DS's iirc.

The fact that you put a range lol, is proof of you making that up. Why not the exact shipments? Maybe because that 800k - 1m is speculation.

pezus said:
phenom08 said:
pezus said:
phenom08 said:
pezus said:
phenom08 said:

On second thought I don't really think you are his alt. So you'll never know!

Realized I was here before both of you?

both who?

Before you and my alt.