By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More info on Last Story-Not developed by Nintendo

Even if Nintendo "farmed it out" -- this would not be uncommon.
After all, Namco and Hudson (among others) have developed titles for Nintendo that were released by Nintendo and considered "first party games."

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

I just dont get it... :(

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

I think I'll wait for official details.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

It's amazing how much video game development has expanded over the years. Back in the day, the lead designer was almost always also the lead programmer (maybe things were different in Japan where they have that whole "Director" thing going on). Nowadays you'll often see companies have dozens of employees dedicated just to design. Crazy. And now you have a studio like Mistwalker dedicated entirely to design.

It's no wonder why game design is so uber-competitive. Everybody wants the glory (not to say it isn't hard work. There are a lot of boring aspects to game design and many amateur aspiring designers find that out after fooling around with RPG Maker, which requires zero programming knowledge, for a little while). Not many people want to do the grunt work (coding).

I thought the headline was pretty obvious... why would Mistwalker change the way the develop games?

Around the Network

A bit disappointed. I know feelplus worked on Lost Odyssey, but I was hoping Nintendo was involved in some way.

im intrigued as to what nintendo team people thought would be coding?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

woopah said:

I'd guessed Game Arts, due to their RPG pedigree and close relationship with Nintendo.  Artoon makes me happy though, Blue Dragon is pretty easily my favorite HD RPG so far.  Awesome job system, here we come! :D

The Last Story is co-developed by Nintendo/Mistwalker.

The Last Story is a Nintendo IP.

jarrod said:
woopah said:

I'd guessed Game Arts, due to their RPG pedigree and close relationship with Nintendo.  Artoon makes me happy though, Blue Dragon is pretty easily my favorite HD RPG so far.  Awesome job system, here we come! :D

again that is not a nintendo team. it would be like saying gears of war is developed by microsoft. its not.

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia