By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More info on Last Story-Not developed by Nintendo

Well according to AQ Interactive financials they've secured The Last Story contract with Nintendo.

http://www.aqi.co.jp/ir/2010/data/20100218.pdf

Consumer Game Division:
- 65k units shipped in Japan.
- 341k units shipped overseas.

Contract Development Division:
- Milestone of 50 contracts reached. (FY09 = 35, FY08 = 30)
- 360 = 13, PSP = 12, Wii = 17, Other = 2, PS3 = 5

Contract Development Highlights:
- Resident Evil: Dark Side Chronicles (Capcom)
- NieR Gestalt/NieR Replicant (Square Enix)
- Ninety-Nine Nights II (Konami Digital Entertainment)
- The Last Story (Mistwalker Corporation)

Around the Network

I'm not really sure what this means- what is AQ Interactive going to do here?

Last game I saw with their name on it was Freedom Fighters 7 years ago.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:

Basically the game is going to be developed by a external company not by a internal Nintendo Studio.

alfredofroylan said:
SaviorX said:

Basically the game is going to be developed by a external company not by a internal Nintendo Studio.

This is not really true. AQ Interactive could be just doing some contract work like backgrounds or developing other assests for the game. They list Resident Evil: Darkside chronicles yet we know Cavia was the developer. For example Game arts helped to develop Smash Bros. Brawl but Monolith did background work.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Is this news to anyone? It's a Mistwalker game, after all.

Around the Network
exindguy said:
Is this news to anyone? It's a Mistwalker game, after all.

For whatever reason, (I think lack of resources)! Mistwalker usually has to team up with a developer outside itself to finish a project.

I don't know the specification of this thread and am somewhat confused myself, but I wasn't aware that Nintendo was/wasn't developing it or even rumour to be.

Edit: So the co-developer has yet to be announced?

patjuan32 said:
alfredofroylan said:
SaviorX said:

This is not really true. AQ Interactive could be just doing some contract work like backgrounds or developing other assests for the game. They list Resident Evil: Darkside chronicles yet we know Cavia was the developer. For example Game arts helped to develop Smash Bros. Brawl but Monolith did background work.

Cavia is an AQ Interactive studio.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
patjuan32 said:
alfredofroylan said:
SaviorX said:

Cavia is an AQ Interactive studio.

This is what I get for looking up the company on IGN instead of using Google.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Ahh I understand now, the co-developer is an AQ interactive studio, and they are the parent company of Freeplus, Artoon and Cavia!

Funny how so many so-called "Mistwalker fans" arent even aware that MW is not actually a developer, but rather a bunch of designers who cant program anything on their own.

Mistwalker, technically, hasnt developed a single game. Very much like Armor Project.