By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake who's getting? New gameplay inside!

Alan Wake who's getting? New gameplay inside!

Day1! 54 49.54%

Eventually 20 18.35%

Not my type of game 5 4.59%

I'll wait for reviews 14 12.84%

I would if I owned a 360 6 5.50%

I'm a troll so I'll go here 10 9.17%

Total:109
CGI-Quality said:
Munkeh111 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Munkeh111 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Yeah, I think it'll have plenty of scares, don't worry.

That's what I am worrying about!

lol....I meant for those looking for something scary that isn't quite survival horror. I think it'll be fine for you too though, this ain't no Siren or SILENT HILL.

Is it a Bioshock? I couldn't even watch my brother playing the demo I found that game so creepy, even though I do really want to play it

Then I don't know, maybe this isn't for you. There will be parts where it gets dark and the light is everything. I would suspect it could be scarier than Bioshock, but Remedy calls it a 'Action Thriller' so perhaps it won't be too bad for you. But if Bioshock scared you, then perhaps. I'm assuming you haven't played the Condemned series, Dead Space, or Siren?

Over half way through Condemned 2 (achievement hunting) the graphics and the way the game moves are outstanding. Combat took a while to get used to. That games scares are both from gore and atmospheric. Not easy to do in film or a game.

It only cost me £4. Bargin.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
CGI-Quality said:

look behind you....

BOO!

atmosphere looks to be the best out of horror type games. great grafix

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Munkeh111 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Munkeh111 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Munkeh111 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Munkeh111 said:
CGI-Quality said:

lol....I meant for those looking for something scary that isn't quite survival horror. I think it'll be fine for you too though, this ain't no Siren or SILENT HILL.

Is it a Bioshock? I couldn't even watch my brother playing the demo I found that game so creepy, even though I do really want to play it

Then I don't know, maybe this isn't for you. There will be parts where it gets dark and the light is everything. I would suspect it could be scarier than Bioshock, but Remedy calls it a 'Action Thriller' so perhaps it won't be too bad for you. But if Bioshock scared you, then perhaps. I'm assuming you haven't played the Condemned series, Dead Space, or Siren?

God no, the scariest game in my collection is the Lost game, though that is actually scary in some parts... running through the forest away from the black smoke was terifying. It is also scarily bad in many places

Hopefully they will release a demo to give me an idea of what it is like

Then you wouldn't be able to hang out with me and game. Horror games are my life!

Well horror games are best played alone aren't that? Heavy Rain is going to be a little creepy, so I am building myself up slowly..

Anything Horror releated is best enjoyed in the company of a girl who gets scared easily and clings to you.

I don't think that trick works so well for girls. Having your boyfriend sacred and clinging to you might not be that sexy but I might be wrong.

Lord Flashheart said:
Munkeh111 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Munkeh111 said:

God no, the scariest game in my collection is the Lost game, though that is actually scary in some parts... running through the forest away from the black smoke was terifying. It is also scarily bad in many places

Hopefully they will release a demo to give me an idea of what it is like

Then you wouldn't be able to hang out with me and game. Horror games are my life!

Well horror games are best played alone aren't that? Heavy Rain is going to be a little creepy, so I am building myself up slowly..

Anything Horror releated is best enjoyed in the company of a girl who gets scared easily and clings to you.

I don't think that trick works so well for girls. Having your boyfriend sacred and clinging to you might not be that sexy but I might be wrong.

Well, that may not produce the best experience in terms of horror, even if it has its other benefits!