By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake who's getting? New gameplay inside!

Alan Wake who's getting? New gameplay inside!

Day1! 54 49.54%

Eventually 20 18.35%

Not my type of game 5 4.59%

I'll wait for reviews 14 12.84%

I would if I owned a 360 6 5.50%

I'm a troll so I'll go here 10 9.17%

Total:109
Munkeh111 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Have the devs ever touted it as a survival horror?
I thought they said it was a pyschological thriller.
I may be wrong but isn't it t'internet that has this game as a traditional survival horror?

Their exact words: "Psychological Action Thriller".

So does that mean it won't be too scary for me to play... I really want to play it, especially as they are Lost fans, but I hate scary games

Dude dont worry the game isnt a gore feast horror game..........its a phychological thriller

besides If you really get scared in games I doubt your over 18 to even get it

Around the Network

I would get it if I could.
I may ask a 360 borrowed just to play it.

Lyrikalstylez said:
Munkeh111 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Lord Flashheart said:
I may be wrong but isn't it t'internet that has this game as a traditional survival horror?

So does that mean it won't be too scary for me to play... I really want to play it, especially as they are Lost fans, but I hate scary games

Dude dont worry the game isnt a gore feast horror game..........its a phychological thriller

I found Bioshock too creepy to play...

Firstly, it is only a 16+, and actually, as I won't get this at launch as my exams start a week later, I will be 18 by the time I get the game

Munkeh111 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Munkeh111 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Lord Flashheart said:

I found Bioshock too creepy to play...

Firstly, it is only a 16+, and actually, as I won't get this at launch as my exams start a week later, I will be 18 by the time I get the game

I also found Bioshock a little creepy , So I assume this game will have that creepy vibe to it which I enjoy so very much

anyways Cool, Good Luck on the Exams

Lord Flashheart said:
CGI-Quality said:
Lord Flashheart said:

It seems then that a lot of people are wrong in their classification of this game.
Anyone who mistakingly thinks this is a survival horror will be disappointed that it's not, i doubt it will affect sales and will be merely more fodder for fanboys.

Not aimed at you maximus.

I was mistaken.  Not that it matters, I'm still getting it day one.  A game that looks this good with such a mysterious premise is a must buy. 

Around the Network

I'd buy it if I had a 360. I don't have a plan to buy it anytime soon though.
Its a shame PC version was canned.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

CGI-Quality said:
Yeah, I think it'll have plenty of scares, don't worry.

That's what I am worrying about!

CGI-Quality said:
Munkeh111 said:
CGI-Quality said:

lol....I meant for those looking for something scary that isn't quite survival horror. I think it'll be fine for you too though, this ain't no Siren or SILENT HILL.

Is it a Bioshock? I couldn't even watch my brother playing the demo I found that game so creepy, even though I do really want to play it

CGI-Quality said:
Munkeh111 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Munkeh111 said:
CGI-Quality said:

lol....I meant for those looking for something scary that isn't quite survival horror. I think it'll be fine for you too though, this ain't no Siren or SILENT HILL.

Is it a Bioshock? I couldn't even watch my brother playing the demo I found that game so creepy, even though I do really want to play it

Then I don't know, maybe this isn't for you. There will be parts where it gets dark and the light is everything. I would suspect it could be scarier than Bioshock, but Remedy calls it a 'Action Thriller' so perhaps it won't be too bad for you. But if Bioshock scared you, then perhaps. I'm assuming you haven't played the Condemned series, Dead Space, or Siren?

God no, the scariest game in my collection is the Lost game, though that is actually scary in some parts... running through the forest away from the black smoke was terifying. It is also scarily bad in many places

Hopefully they will release a demo to give me an idea of what it is like

CGI-Quality said:
Munkeh111 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Munkeh111 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Munkeh111 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Then I don't know, maybe this isn't for you. There will be parts where it gets dark and the light is everything. I would suspect it could be scarier than Bioshock, but Remedy calls it a 'Action Thriller' so perhaps it won't be too bad for you. But if Bioshock scared you, then perhaps. I'm assuming you haven't played the Condemned series, Dead Space, or Siren?

God no, the scariest game in my collection is the Lost game, though that is actually scary in some parts... running through the forest away from the black smoke was terifying. It is also scarily bad in many places

Hopefully they will release a demo to give me an idea of what it is like

Then you wouldn't be able to hang out with me and game. Horror games are my life!

Well horror games are best played alone aren't that? Heavy Rain is going to be a little creepy, so I am building myself up slowly..