By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII (360) Not HD | Resolution, Anti-Aliasing Analyzed

ouch i can see the differences, also the lake does not seem to use as good textures either, this is not going to fare well, either way both versions still look great, despite the differences.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network
jneul said:
ouch i can see the differences, also the lake does not seem to use as good textures either, this is not going to fare well, either way both versions still look great, despite the differences.

Yup. Having less space available to you = more compressed everything, including textures. I wonder how come the Labreau capture has worse colours and lighting, though. Weird

lots compressed and jaggie O.o

edit: lower textures, resolutions, missing foliage.

Swordy said:

Who cares honstly, it's not like PS3 Onlys didn't buy Bayonetta because of the horrible port.

Eh, many did actually.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Xen said:
Ouch.

And for everyones info - anything less than 720p is not HD. Halo 3 is sub HD, Cod 4 and MW2 are too... they are all 640p.

All in all, the 360 version is noticeably worse looking compared to the PS3 in these screens. PS3 has both more vibrant colours and much less jaggies.

Yes alot of games are sub HD TEKKEN 6 for example is 576P NGII is 576P.

It really shows that because the PS3 & XBOX 360 are  so different with there architecture the system that the game is made on seems to nelly ways be ether slightly better or alot better with Resolution & Textures & in the brightness of the colours as well as the lighting.  

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network
Bamboleo said:
I fail to see the difference.

I worry for your eyesight. I mean, it's a obvious difference of detail. (lighting isn't something you can really judge for/against)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

hikaruchan said:
Xen said:
Ouch.

And for everyones info - anything less than 720p is not HD. Halo 3 is sub HD, Cod 4 and MW2 are too... they are all 640p.

All in all, the 360 version is noticeably worse looking compared to the PS3 in these screens. PS3 has both more vibrant colours and much less jaggies.

Yes alot of games are sub HD TEKKEN 6 for example is 576P NGII is 576P.

It really shows that because the PS3 & XBOX 360 are  so different with there architecture the system that the game is made on seems to nelly ways be ether slightly better or alot better with Resolution & Textures.

Yes. The original platform is almost always better.

Xen said:
jneul said:

Yup. Having less space available to you = more compressed everything, including textures. I wonder how come the Labreau capture has worse colours and lighting, though. Weird

And the XBOX 360 Version has about 16GB less space in total then the PS3 Version even with the 3 discs the 360 Version uses. 

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

hikaruchan said:
Xen said:
jneul said:

And the XBOX 360 Version has about 16GB less space in total then the PS3 Version even with the 3 discs the 360 Version uses.

'round 23GB less, actually.

3x dual layer DVD = 7.95GBx3 = 23.85

1x dual layer BR = 47732MB

That is bound to show.

This is one of the few PS3 game lead where the 360 version is noticeably inferior. My guess is that this is a legacy of the PS3 exclusive era of coding during FFXIII's development, making porting a bit harder than starting from scratch with both console in mind... and space limitation of course.

Generally speaking, 360 port of PS3 do pretty well and in some case even better than the PS3 version (Ghostbuster >.>)