By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy selling way behind both Super Mario Sunshine and 64!!

ClaudeLv250 said:
Ah, another one of these threads. Right on time. I was starting to think we weren't going to make this week's quota of 25.

Same with the SMG game ranking threads.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Like I said, it's the faults of the Blue Ocean strategy. On one hand, games like Mario Party sell well, on the other hand, long games that take dedicated play time don't do nearly as well as they should.

I can't wait for the crow eating. It will be so fun to watch.

So then this bodes very well for Wii fit

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Congratulations.  You just made a thread on a subject discussed to death a week ago.  So, since there isn't any point in talking about this anymore, let's make this thread about pie.  My favorite is apple pie.

The pie is a lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, yes, this topic has been discussed to death a while ago...you fail.

Let's at least wait to see US sales before we claim doom and gloom anyway.

Well...back to the game...40 stars!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

If most of the userbase are soccer moms , old time jubilees and adults that bought it to do some sport as they did some mental training with Brain Training what they did expect ?

As MontanaHatchet says this is just a secondary effect of the "blue ocean " strategy .Things like BT and WIi Fit will flourish ,other as the main Nintendo franchises of old will not .

Looking at how many "hardcore " games they have released this year and the weak hardware they have conceived they must be grateful that there are still 250k users that buy Mario the first week .

Around the Network

@ naznatips

Mine is apple also...  lol

@ Claudelv250

Hilarious

@ Words of Wisdom

Comic gold

OT:  We already know what SMG is (or isn't selling), though I enjoy bashing a company when it's down, this subject has been done to death.  Let's take a break on the SMG bashing at least for a day.  My F5 key is almost broke... lol.  ;)

Diomedes1976 said:
If most of the userbase are soccer moms , old time jubilees and adults that bought it to do some sport as they did some mental training with Brain Training what they did expect ?

As MontanaHatchet says this is just a secondary effect of the "blue ocean " strategy .Things like BT and WIi Fit will flourish ,other as the main Nintendo franchises of old will not .

Looking at how many "hardcore " games they have released this year and the weak hardware they have conceived they must be grateful that there are still 250k users that buy Mario the first week .

You mean the greatest game of this gen, the game that has outscored all your HD level games

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

DreamsCast said:

Super Mario Galaxy selling way behind both Super Mario Sunshine and 64!!

Well it seems that despite enormous expectation, Nintendo's Super Mario Galaxy has failed to excite the Japanese public - sales so far tracking behind both previous 3D Mario titles - Sunshine and Super Mario 64. New Super Mario Bros, meanwhile, had sold over 4 times as many copes in the same timeframe. Does Japan just not like 3D Mario titles?

http://digg.com/nintendo_wii/Super_Mario_Galaxy_selling_way_behind_both_Super_Mario_Sunshine_and_64 

25% less than Sunshine might be less than expected by some, but far from what I would call way behind.  Plus, remember that Sunshine was a pack-in.

Oh by the way, not every thread you make is Digg-worthy, DreamsCast...just...stop.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

nathantay said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Ah, another one of these threads. Right on time. I was starting to think we weren't going to make this week's quota of 25.

Same with the SMG game ranking threads.

Touche.

I kept my "ZOMG SMG 98% METACRITIC!" comment in the official SMG thread...

/end sanctimonious comment mode 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.