By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy selling way behind both Super Mario Sunshine and 64!!

the only thing I have to say on this subject is Apple / Pumpkin pie??? wtf

A pie has to bde savoury like steak and kidney (rule of thumb if a pie has no bodily organs in it then dont eat it).

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Around the Network
gawalls said:
the only thing I have to say on this subject is Apple / Pumpkin pie??? wtf

A pie has to bde savoury like steak and kidney (rule of thumb if a pie has no bodily organs in it then dont eat it).

Fruit pies are delicious and a standard desert in the UK, although pumpkin pie is not big here, it's more likely to be Apple or Apple and blackberry.

I never understood American pies... I mean that pic of an apple pie is fine, but a lot of your supposed "pies" don't even have a lid, so they are not pies.

A pie has to consist of a filling plus a lid (usually pastry)...with the optional extra of a pastry base too. (if there is no base though the filling has to be held in some kind of dish/pot)

Rhubarb makes an excellent pie by the way.

TWRoO said:
I never understood American pies... I mean that pic of an apple pie is fine, but a lot of your supposed "pies" don't even have a lid, so they are not pies.

A pie has to consist of a filling plus a lid (usually pastry)...with the optional extra of a pastry base too. (if there is no base though the filling has to be held in some kind of dish/pot)

Rhubarb makes an excellent pie by the way.

TART!!!

...pie without a lid :P

You'd have a hard time finding anyone selling kidney or pumpkin pie around here. For fruit pies, it's mostly apple. If it's meat pie, it's ham or minced meat.

Anyway, I can't get the charts for "compare games" to work. The tables look OK, but the graphics won't show. Do you have the same problem?

Around the Network

@llewdebkram.
indeed, what about crumble though, that has a lid but it's not what i would call a pie lid but breadcrumbs. (i suppose if shepherds pie and cottage pie have mashed potato "lids" though)