By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy selling way behind both Super Mario Sunshine and 64!!

Super Mario Galaxy selling way behind both Super Mario Sunshine and 64!!

Well it seems that despite enormous expectation, Nintendo's Super Mario Galaxy has failed to excite the Japanese public - sales so far tracking behind both previous 3D Mario titles - Sunshine and Super Mario 64. New Super Mario Bros, meanwhile, had sold over 4 times as many copes in the same timeframe. Does Japan just not like 3D Mario titles?

http://digg.com/nintendo_wii/Super_Mario_Galaxy_selling_way_behind_both_Super_Mario_Sunshine_and_64 

Around the Network

Like I said, it's the faults of the Blue Ocean strategy. On one hand, games like Mario Party sell well, on the other hand, long games that take dedicated play time don't do nearly as well as they should.

I can't wait for the crow eating. It will be so fun to watch.

Ah, another one of these threads. Right on time. I was starting to think we weren't going to make this week's quota of 25.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Ah, another one of these threads. Right on time.

Does this one come with a side? The last one was relatively plain.

*munches popcorn*

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network

Yes these kind of threads are getting tiresome. Let's wait until the end of the year to decide. I have a feeling Galaxy is just fine.

*yawns* then *stretches*

MontanaHatchet said:
Like I said, it's the faults of the Blue Ocean strategy. On one hand, games like Mario Party sell well, on the other hand, long games that take dedicated play time don't do nearly as well as they should.

I can't wait for the crow eating. It will be so fun to watch.

Does your theory work for the US or just for Japan?

Where is that wacky critter who comes out and spells words in a hacker type fashion and says something along the lines that something is doomed?

I'm patiently waiting.

Anytime now....

anytime....

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

What the crap guys?!? Can we please stop bashing Mario Galaxy and go back to bashing PS3 :/ Those threads arent plaguing the hot topics anymore... tsk tsk

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.