By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy selling way behind both Super Mario Sunshine and 64!!

how about we wait until us and euro figures are in. then despite what happens you can make 25 more of these threads.

Around the Network

@ Soriku

Obviously, you did not notice the sarcasm in the post... Sorry. I'll point it out to you... I WAS BEING SARCASTIC. Trolling and bashing are two different things. Trolling is saying something completly untrue or twisting and contorting data/evidence/statements to make a point that doesn't even exist. Bashing is when someone has done something wrong, or something hasn't gone as planned. And there have been some posts that I have bashed Sony. Few and far between but it has happened. Because Sony has had a rough year, I always liked rooting for the underdog, and at this point in time, sony is the underdog. But you wouldn't like being picked on would you? I never liked people getting picked on and always made it a point to stick up for them. That's all... back on topic, I also like Lemon Meringue Pie... And Benkenobi88 is right. This isn't diggworthy...

MontanaHatchet said:
Like I said, it's the faults of the Blue Ocean strategy. On one hand, games like Mario Party sell well, on the other hand, long games that take dedicated play time don't do nearly as well as they should.

I can't wait for the crow eating. It will be so fun to watch.

I don't agree at all, i think Galaxy will outsell sunshine in Japan but even if it doesn't, Galaxy is gonna be huge in America and Europe.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Can I ban Diomedes? Just for 1 day? I might not be a mod but I have an urge to ban him anyway.

Okay, can I at least send him a warning over PM like I'm important anyway. Something like, "Troll again and your ass is banned."

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Are you not calling yourself a troll? You take any chance that you have to take a hit at Sony. I'm sure of your 5,465 posts, you have more posts bashing Sony than I have posts in total. So if anyone would be the troll (and bashing counts as trolling, you just said) then you'd be the troll... Correct?

Around the Network

Mario 64 was pretty much a guaranteed buy for anyone who bought an N64 at launch, since there were hardly any games at all. NSMB launched to a MUCH larger userbase -- 26 million compared to 3.8 million. In other words, Mario Galaxy had a higher attach rate than NSMB.

Why it's not outselling Sunshine I haven't a clue. I'm one of the ones who liked Sunshine a lot, but Galaxy is still a far better game, and the Wii userbase in Japan is approaching the Gamecube's lifetime userbase.

Based on what I saw over the last few days in retails shops while I was trying to get my Toys R Us deal for Galaxy, I think it is doing just fine.

Oh and Pumpkin Pie pwns everything!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111one

I don't understand the Japanese market & reaction to Galaxy sales. Might you - its still selling better than just about *every* other console title this year in Japan.

(its already hit the total sales, of the best selling PS3 title - after 2 weeks).

They might just be waiting for the holidays - only time will tell.

I'm fairly confident sales in the US will be a little stronger ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

WHO GIVES A DAMN!!

SMG is a brilliant brilliant game, a TRUE reason to own the wii

I loved R & C TOD and it's my FAV PS3 game, did pathetic sales for it in the USA stop me from somehow enjoying it .... HELL NO!

Wii owners be happy you have the best nex-gen game out right now n fanboys of other systems see that TEH CELL n "Superior" online capabilities can only go so far

SMG has proved what gaming is all about....

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

I bought it, and am loving it. It's a fun, and imaginative game that should be bought. Not sure why it would be tracking less than the other two. But Christmas will surely give it a boost.