By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will next gen consoles look better than Crysis?

@ leo-j

wanna bet a 3 month ban that it will end up like that?

Around the Network

You can't have ban bets on this site..

mM
Bamboleo said:
@ leo-j

wanna bet a 3 month ban that it will end up like that?

I wish ur right but leo is :p

the developers behind crysis said they were going to fully utulize the ps3's full power for crysis 2 so before i answer i want to see if he keeps his word and how crysis 2 will look on the ps3 (agai  if tey keep their word)

demitri55 said:

the developers behind crysis said they were going to fully utulize the ps3's full power for crysis 2 so before i answer i want to see if he keeps his word and how crysis 2 will look on the ps3 (agai  if tey keep their word)

I think all developers use all the power of the consoles they use, however some use it wiser...

Around the Network

If you assume that the console manufacturers will release their system in 2011 or 2012, consider how capable a budget (Radeon HD 5770) graphics card is today, and think about what a similar GPU will be able to do when these systems are released. While graphics like this may not be possible at 1080p @60fps, I see no reason why it wouldn’t be possible at 720p @30fps.

Yes the next gen consoles will be able to output graphics better than Crysis.

HappySqurriel said:

If you assume that the console manufacturers will release their system in 2011 or 2012, consider how capable a budget (Radeon HD 5770) graphics card is today, and think about what a similar GPU will be able to do when these systems are released. While graphics like this may not be possible at 1080p @60fps, I see no reason why it wouldn’t be possible at 720p @30fps.

well as consoles this gen used high end chips (for when they came out) something like a HD 6850(late 2011 probably)  HD 7850 (2012 maybe) would be more the level oh and HD 57XX is a Mid range card 56XX is budget 55XX is HTPC/low. and with optimization for the hardware 1080p at 60 wouldn't be to hard with little or no AA a 5870 can get upto about 20FPS on enthusiast.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

@ leoj

you decides the takes.

lol I agree whatever it is!

I remember when people said there was no way consoles this gen would match Half-Life 2. These will be nothing compared to what comes out of Naughty Dog, Epic, Santa Monica, or many of the other skilled devs out there, with next gen consoles.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL