By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will next gen consoles look better than Crysis?

Also, i would like to add...

Uncharted 2's "Train level" is the best looking thing i have seen come from any Video Game.

By far.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Uncharted 2's "Train level" is the best looking thing i have seen come from any Video Game.

By far.

i thought there were better scenes in that game :p visually

toastboy44562 said:
Carl2291 said:

By far.

I dunno, being on that train is pretty epic. The only matches for it in Uncharted 2 i think are either climbing the hotel, and possibly the Nepal Village.

Whats your opinion?

No, they will look better.

Definitely. The HD 5970 is currently the fastest card in the world, and it can do Crysis with 8xAA at 1920x1200 and very high settings at 45 FPS (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-5970,2474-8.html ). Since I don't expect the next generation of consoles from Sony and Microsoft for another 2 years, I fully expect that whatever drives their graphics will surpass or, at minimum, match the HD 5970.

EDIT:  Obviously I'm talking about stock Crysis, which looks pretty damn good.  Some of the screenshots you've posted look like they have custom assets/textures that go beyond stock Crysis, and with insane image quality.  I'd like to know what kind of framerate people had when they were taking some of these screenshots.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

By far.

The Train level? I thought it looked kind of ugly compared to the rest of the game.

The most beautiful part is the ice cave...by far.

I think the three will achieve better graphics, even if it's just slightly better.

Why? Because the PC hardware needed to achieve that kind of visuals is (relatively) cheap by now. And it's even more feasible when you consider that all three consoles will be released in two years from now.

Carl2291 said:
toastboy44562 said:
Carl2291 said:

By far.

I dunno, being on that train is pretty epic. The only matches for it in Uncharted 2 i think are either climbing the hotel, and possibly the Nepal Village.

Whats your opinion?

hmm dunno about those parts but i like when the building is coming down and everything is flying everywhere in the town (forgot its name)

I also thought the part toward the end in shambowa (srry about spelling) was amazing when the ground started to break and shit

That's beautiful. Yes, next console gen will look that good.

Toastboy post more pics.

Slimebeast said:
That's beautiful. Yes, next console gen will look that good.

Toastboy post more pics.

will do h/o